Aalto Sustainability Hub
Call for researchers interested in climate change innovations transformation in systems of cities, land use, materials and finance.
EIT Climate-KIC is looking to support ambitious, and potentially transformative innovation projects.
CKIC invites proposals that:
• Are aligned with EIT Climate-KIC’s strategy, and seek to effect change through innovation in four overarching systems - Cities, Land, Materials, Finance
• Hypothesise a role in unlocking systemic change (on tackling climate change) to support achievement of one or more of EIT Climate-KIC’s Impact Goals (see end of this email)
• Have a clear strategic argument for the relationship between innovation and impact, including how the innovation will act on key levers of systems change.
• For Innovation Projects specifically: - Have the duration of up to three years, but with a key milestone by the end of 2020.
• Have EIT budget requests of between €100k – €300k for the year 2020.
CKIC encourage more creative and unusual innovation proposals that seek to explore the boundaries of possibility; unconstrained by lengthy, tailored guidance and able to generate new learning about complex systems.
The call deadline:
The deadline for submitting the initial expression of interest is 25 October 2019 at 1800hrs CET.