Get the full news through press release and in the newspapers how OF IN Sangam Vihar, New Delhi- 110080’ ARRESTED by the team of Delhi Police South District. Delhi Police
Punjab Kesari, Nav bharat times, Hindustan, Dainik Jagran, The Times of India, Hindustan Times, Indian Express, The Hindu.
She was wanted in a case and evading her arrest since last 08 months.
She was declared proclaimed offender
She was one of the top five dreaded in Delhi.
She and her sons have been accused of , , , , and other such crimes in a total of 113 cases against her and her family members.
She had control over bore wells in Sangam Vihar and was running a supply mafia.
A case of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act,1999 (MCOCA) has been registered against her son Shamim @ Gunga. Shealongwith other family members will also be booked under this case for amassingwealth from crime proceeds.
A strong legal check of this family syndicate had led todecrease in crime in Sangam vihar area.
On 17.08.2018 acting on a tip of,the team of PS Sangam Vihar, South District has arrested desperate abscondinggangster namely Basiran @ Mammi w/o Malkhan R/o I-20/1678, Sangam Vihar Delhiage 62 yrs. She was absconding since last eight months to evading her arrest ina murder case vide FIR No. 497/2017 u/s 302/201/120B/34 IPC dated 15.09.2017 PSSangam Vihar Delhi and was declared proclaimed offender by the Hon’ble court.
On 17.08.2018, secret informationwas received at PS Sangam Vihar, that absconding gagster Basiran @ Mammi is goingto meet her family members and to decide further strategy in connection withseizure of her property u/s 83 Cr.P.C.in a murder case. Acting on the aboveinformation a team comprising of SI Jitender Malik, ASI Krishan, HC Surender,HC Ramkesh, HC Vikash and HC Raj kumar under the supervision of Insp. UpenderSingh SHO Sangam Vihar was constituted and on the instance of secret source atabout 12.10 pm police team intercepted a suspect whose name and address wasrevealed as Basiran @ Mammi w/o Malkhan R/o I-1678/20, Sangam Vihar Delhi. Accordinglyshe was arrested in case vide FIR No. 497/2017 u/s 302/201/120B/34 IPC PSSangam Vihar.
In the month of September2017 a partially decomposed dead body was recovered from the Jungle of K block Sangam Vihar. Since the throat ofdeceased was strangulated, hence a murder case vide FIR No. 497/2017 wasregistered and investigation
was taken up. During investigation, in themonth of January 2018 one CCL was apprehended in this case and he disclosedthat he along with his associates namely Aakash @ Akki, Vikash @ Vikki, Neeraj@ Jaggi, Munni Begum and Basiran @ Mammi had murdered above deceasedidentified as Miraz R/o Gangaganj AmethiU.P, step brother of accused Munni Begum. Soon after the arrest of co accusedpersons, Basiran fled away and was evading her arrest. On 25.05.2018 she wasdeclared PO in above case. Thereafter her property (residence) was also attached under theprovisions of 83 Cr.P.C and was sealed since then. Meanwhile accused Basiranalso filed an application for anticipatory bail at Hon’ble Delhi High Court andfor release of property at Saket Court, however delhi police strongly objectedto it giving her previous criminalbackground and both applications were dismissed by hon’ble court.
On sustained interrogation Basiranconfessed that she took contract of killing Miraz in INR 60,000/-. She calledher gang members namely Aakash @ Akki, Vikash @ Vikki, and hatched a conspiracyto murder Miraz. As per plan on 8-9.09.2017 evening Munni Begum took Miraz toBasiran above house and from there her above associates took Miraz to K block Jungle for intoxication.Where he was murdered with strangulated by leather belt, thereafter accusedpersons burned his body so as to disrobe his identity and buried it in Jungle.
PROFILE OF ACCUSED.
• Basiran @ Mammi was born in village Basai Arela Dist. Agra UP and was married to one Malkhan resident of VillageAmberpur Tehsil Rajakhera, Dist. Dholpur Rajasthan about forty five years ago.
• In the early eighties she alongwith her husband came to Delhi and stayed at Navjeevan Camp Jhuggi, GovindpuriDelhi. Thereafter she shifted to Sangam Vihar along with her family in earlynineties.
• She was not having any permanentsource of income, therefore she started to sell illicit liquor. Thereafter shenever look back and went further deeper into the crime world.
• She also motivated her eight sons namely Wakil, Shakil, Shamim @ Gunga,Salman, Faizal @ Khadka, Sunny,Rahul and one minor for crime.
Following chart depicts their criminal involvements:-
S No. Name of accused Total number of criminal cases category
1. Basiran @ Mammi 09 cases Excise Act, Contract killing and murder
2. Shamim @ Gunga 42 cases Robbery, Dacoity, snatching, kidnapping, Arms Act, extortion, attempt to murder and murder
3. Shakil 15 cases Theft, extortion, snatching, excise act.
4. Wakil 13 cases Theft, extortion, snatching, quarrel
5. Rahul khan 03 cases Robbary, kidnapping, murder
6. Faizal @ Khadka 09 cases Arms Act, theft
7. Sunny 09 cases Arms Act, theft
8. Salman 02 cases Theft, excise act
9. CCL -- --
• When she established her dominance in the area, with the help of her criminal’ssons, she captured govt. water bores in locality and started to sell water foreasy money.
• There are total 113 criminal cases registered against her and her familymembers. She was absconding since last eight months and was hiding at Ahmadabad,Allahabad, Mainpuri and Firaozabad cities.
PREVIOUSINVOLVEMENTS ACCUSED BASIRAN @ MAMMI
S No. FIR No. PS Sections of law
1. 96/02, Sangam Vihar 61.01.14 Excise Act
2. 359/02, Sangam Vihar 61.01.14 Excise Act
3. 200/03, Sangam Vihar 61.01.14 Excise Act
4. 930/04, Sangam Vihar 61.01.14 Excise Act
5. 99/05, Sangam Vihar 61.01.14 Excise Act
6. 277/06, Sangam Vihar 323/341/506/34 IPC
7. 85/15, Sangam Vihar 323/341/452/34 IPC
8. 393/16, Sangam Vihar 427/323/506/34 IPC & 27 Arms Act
9. 497/17, Sangam Vihar 302/201/120B/34 IPC
Total Cases head wise: PS SANGAM VIHAR
Head 2017 2018 %
Snatching 22 6 -81%
Burglary 15 9 -40%
House Theft 25 9 -64%
Other Theft 10 3 -70%
MO Women 26 12 -54%
Other IPC 101 71 -30%
Total FIR up to date 394 304 -23%
MV Theft 158 92 -42%
Total E- FIR 648 474 -26%