The Act provides the commission with the following functions:
* To provide policy advice to the President in particular and Nigeria in general on all spheres of national life;
* To set national priorities and goals and engender consensus among Government agencies, as may be contained in guidelines issued by the Commission from time to time;
*To undertake periodic review and appraisal of the human and material resources capabilities of Nigeria with a view to advancing their development, efficiency and effective utilization;
* To formulate and prepare long-term, medium-term and short-term national development plans and to co-ordinate such plans at the Federal, State and Local government levels;
* To monitor projects and progress relating to plan implementation;
* To advise on changes and adjustments in institutions and management techniques as well as attitudes necessary for the alignment of actions with plan targets and goals;
*To conduct research into various aspects of national interest and public policy and ensure that the implications and results of the findings in such research are geared towards the enhancement of national, economic, social, technological defence and security capabilities and management;
*To mobilize popular group and institutional consensus in support of Government policies and programmes;
*To manage multilateral and bilateral economic co-operation, including development aid and technical assistance;
*To deal with matters relating to regional economic co-operation, including the Economic community of West African States [ECOWAS] the African Common Market [ACM], the United Nations Economic commission for African and the South-south co-operation; and
*To carry out such other duties as are necessary or expedient for the full discharge of all or any of the functions conferred on the Commission under the Act.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Ministry of Budget and National Planning of Nigeria posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.