Training is hands-on, experiential learning. Skills sessions focus on professionalism, mentoring, cultural competency and facilitation. Our Youth Program is unique in its “Philanthropy in Action” program session, which allows participants to learn the value of philanthropy through visits to approximately 30 local nonprofits in Arlington. Participants are tasked with deciding on one nonprofit to be the recipient of a $1,000 grant, developing their own criteria for evaluating each nonprofit and coming to consensus about the grant awardee.
The goal of our youth program is that every young leader in Arlington be able to:
- Develop leadership skills through a strong curriculum taught by skilled facilitators
- Gain an awareness of the need for community service, civic participation and philanthropy
- Increase familiarity with areas in Arlington beyond their immediate neighborhood and school
- Interact with adult leaders in private, public and nonprofit sectors
- Acquire a network of adult and youth leaders in Arlington, forming an excellent basis for academic and professional success
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Leadership Arlington Youth Program posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.