Town of Tonawanda Youth, Parks & Recreation Web & Social Media Guidelines
• The Town of Tonawanda Youth, Parks & Recreation department encourages comments, questions, and concerns from the public on YPR social media regarding department initiatives.
• YPR will make posts and comments that promote our initiatives, community events that we are a sponsor of, TTYPR related individuals, organizations, or businesses, and other information that supports our vision and mission.
• Comments made by others on Town of Tonawanda Youth, Parks & Recreation run/managed web and/or social media sites will be monitored by YPR staff.
• When appropriate, TTYPR will publically respond, in a timely manner, to questions, comments and concerns that are publically posted. Private messages will be answered privately, but information ascertained or insight gained may lead to public postings by TTYPR that will not be personally identifiable to the original communicator.
• TTYPR does not discriminate against any views. Comments will not be made public until reviewed by a YPR administrator. Comments including any of the following will not be allowed:
o Comments that reveal personally identifiable information about staff or participants that has not been posted or previously approved by those individuals. This may include e-mail address, home address, phone number, personal relationships, social security number, or other.
o Comments that are deemed inappropriate by staff due to (which may include any of the following, or additional not listed): personal attacks, disrespectful, abusive, vulgar, offensive, graphic, hateful, threatening, harassing, demeaning, humiliating or hurtful language, information that is false, comments that cannot be verified/are in dispute between individuals and the truth cannot be readily ascertained, slurs targeting any racial, ethnic, sexual, religious, or disabled groups, and comments or images that promote illegal activity, are not appropriate for people of all ages, or discuss/display sexual content or nudity.
o Comments that are not related to Town of Tonawanda Youth, Parks & Recreation, and/or promote products, services, political campaigns, or events that are not in line with YPR’s vision and mission.
o Comments should be limited to comments related to the posted topic. YPR social media accounts are not the proper place to express opinions or beliefs not directly related to that topic.
o Users may be blocked from future postings if A) they made a post that needed to be removed and the severity of its violations deems a block, or B) a user has made multiple posts that have had to be removed, and/or C) a user has threatened to post inappropriate content and a preemptive block is deemed appropriate by staff.
• This policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
Please note: This page is only checked at intervals during working hours. If you need information or have questions, please visit our website at www.ttypr.com or call our office at 831-1001.