Benefits for Marina Operators and Owners
• Reduce waste disposal costs: Best Management Practices (BMPs) will reduce the amount of wastes produced so disposal costs will be less.
• Generate new sources of revenue: Studies have shown that clean marinas can charge slightly higher slip fees and have fewer vacancies.
• Receive free technical assistance: Best Management Practices guidebooks, training workshops and on-site visits are available to marina operators.
• Reduce legal liabilities: By participating in the Clean Marina Program, marinas can ensure they are meeting all regulatory requirements, thus avoiding fines.
• Enjoy free publicity: Illinois recognizes clean marinas through press releases, newsletters, and boating guides, etc.
• Attract knowledgeable customers: clean marinas are aesthetically pleasing facilities that can attract responsible clientele that will follow good boating practices.
• Improve water quality and habitat for living resources: The marina and boating industry depends on clean waters and a healthy coastal environment for their continued success.
• Demonstrate the marina is a good steward of the environment: Illinois will distribute special burgees and signs for clean marinas to display. Clean marinas are also allowed to use the Illinois Clean Marina logo on all letterhead.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Illinois Clean Marina Program posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.