• Instilling an understanding and appreciation of the criminal justice system and the ethics applied in a law enforcement career.
• Develop an understanding of Oregon laws and City Ordinances and their application in real-world incidents.
• Create a team-oriented environment that focuses on personal and professional development.
• Develop an understanding of the community policing philosophy and the importance of forming partnerships with our community.
Applicants must meet all of the following requirements at the time of application:
• Be at least 16 years of age, but not more than 20 years old
• If under 18, applicant will need parental consent
• Be a United States Citizen
• Possess a valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
• Be enrolled in high school or college and have a GPA of at least 2.75
• Be of good character and reputation
• Applicants cannot have a criminal history, or juvenile criminal history
• Be in good physical condition
To continue in the program, a cadet must:
• Attend a two hour monthly business meeting
• Attend a five hour monthly training session
• Ride-along at least one patrol shift per month
• Maintain a 2.75 GPA
• Obey all Department General Orders, procedures and protocols
How to Apply:
Applications are available at the Law Enforcement Building, 180 NW 5th Street, Corvallis, OR. They are also available on line at our website, www.CorvallisOregon.gov/Cadets.
Cadet Application Process:
1. Submit cadet application
2. Oral Board Interview
3. Background Investigation
4. Field Training
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Corvallis Police Cadets posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.