BACK TO SCHOOL SAFETY REMINDER
Safety reminders include:
- The speed limit in school zones in 20 mph.
- Pedestrians should always use designated crosswalks
- State law requires a person to obey the direction of a school crossing guard.
- Wireless hand-held communication devices are prohibited in school zones.
- Motorists may not pass a school bus that is operating its flashing red lights and/or has its stop sign displayed. ( Approaching traffic is not required to stop if the roadway is divided by a median)
- Anticipate traffic congestion around schools so allow additional time in these areas.
- Anticipate heavy police presence around these areas conducting traffic enforcement.
Let’s work together in helping keep our children safe.