Inter American Interpreting
6 week workshop on LSM
DINA SALGADO SOTELO
August 18 2012 10:00am-1:00pm
• Alphabet, Greetings: Good morning, good afternoon, Hi, how are you, good, bad, sick, so-so, see you later, good bye.
• Manners: Please, excuse me, thank you, you welcome, sorry, etc.
• Personal Pronouns: I, you, he, she, they, we,
• Calendar: Months of the year, days of the week, today, yesterday, tomorrow, next day, and seasons of the year.
• Idioms: wherever, anyways, fine, I don’t care, ignore it, what do you mean? What is that?
• Narrative Verbs: Want – Don’t want, know – don’t know, like – don’t like, understand – don’t understand, can – can’t.
• Activity- Practice (conversations)
August 25 2012 10:00am-1:00pm
• Colors: Red, green, pink, blue, purple, etc.
• Verbs: Want, have, can, see, say, read, write, work, study, learn, teach, forget, talk, converse, etc.
• Nouns Verbs: food – eat, beverage – drink, comb – comb, broom – sweep, bicycle – to pedal.
• Directional Verbs: I help you, you help me, he helps us, they help them, etc.
• Phrases: I like to go the movies with my girlfriend; I give you my pen, etc.
• Activity: Make sentences with the verbs that we already learned. Conversational practices.
• Adjectives: clean – dirty, pretty – ugly, big – small, tall – petite.
September 1, 2012 10:00am-1:00pm
• Numbers: Del 0 al 1,000 (Depending on the learning level)
• Ordinal Numbers: 1st, 9th.
• Currency: From $1.00 to $9.00
• Present, past, future
• Demonstrative Adjectives: this/that/these/those,
• People: Men, women, boy, girl, elderly, mother, father, son, bother, grandfather, uncle, etc.
• Activity: Practice (Conversations)
September 8, 2012 10:00am-1:00pm
• Semantic Groups: school supplies, clothes, body parts, food, fruits, vegetables, animals.
• Activity: Practice (conversation)
September 15, 2012 10:00am-1:00pm
• Vocabulary: Important, interest, opportunities, participation, rights, culture, etc.
• Religion: Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, God, resuscitation.
• Semantic Groups: Profession and vocation, transport, states, cities, capitals.