The Defense Imagery page is intended to engage with the DoD Visual Information (VI) Community and the American public about the Defense Imagery Management Operations Center (DIMOC), a part of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD); provide relevant information pertaining to the DoD VI community; and highlight the photography and videography of U.S. military VI personnel around the world.
We are happy to facilitate discussions about DIMOC and the DoD within the online community and ask that all participants adhere to our comment policy when engaging with this page.
DIMOC and the DoD reserve the right to review, edit, move or delete any material submitted as a comment or placed on this profile, without notice. Comments submitted to this site will be reviewed and inappropriate comments may be deleted at the sole discretion of DIMOC or the DoD.
We hope to receive plenty of relevant engagement, but we ask that all participants agree to the following Terms of Participation:
• Please post only questions or comments about or related to the U.S. Department of Defense, DIMOC, or the DoD VI community.
• Refrain from posting questions or comments that contain threats, obscenity, abusive, defamatory or sexually explicit material, or any material that would violate the law if published here.
• Submissions containing the following will be deleted:
o Contains obscene or threatening language or discrimination (hate speech) based on race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, age or disability.
o Promotes services or products (not including non-commercial links that are relevant to the topic), including spam.
o Includes any personal or sensitive information (phone numbers, email or postal addresses, Social Security numbers, etc.)
o Operational Security (OPSEC). All personnel (including families and friends of service members) have a responsibility to ensure that no information that might put our military members in jeopardy or would be of use to our adversaries is posted to websites that are readily accessible to the public.
o Promotes, endorses, opposes or protests any political party, candidate, platform or legislation under consideration.
o Is otherwise not relevant to this page, the VI community or the DoD.
Military-related information not previously cleared for release will also be deleted, to include:
• Technical information
• Operation plans
• Troop movement schedules
• Current and future locations of military units and ships
• Descriptions of overseas bases
• Details of weapons systems
• Discussions of areas frequented by service members overseas
• Other information that's not as obvious but should also not be discussed in an open forum includes daily military activities and operations, equipment status, unit morale, and results of operations. Information on any of these topics, if released without authorization in an open medium, could provide our adversaries opportunities to harm our military members.
The DoD’s full social media policy can be found here: (http://www.defense.gov/socialmedia/user-agreement.aspx).
The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. Department of Defense. For more information, visit http://dodcio.defense.gov/SocialMedia/UserAgreement.aspx
This page is administered as a service of Defense Visual Information and the Defense Imagery Management Operations Center, www.dimoc.mil.