Current Road Updates: http://twitter.com/smokiesroadsnps
Page Expectations and Guidelines:
Welcome to Great Smoky Mountains National Park’s official page. We hope this will be a place where people feel comfortable sharing information and experiences about Great Smoky Mountains National Park with one another.
While this is an open forum, it is also a family friendly one, so please keep your comments and wall posts clean. Please be considerate of other’s opinions. In addition to keeping it family friendly, we ask that you follow our posting guidelines here, as well as Facebook’s terms and policies. Be aware that if you do not comply, your message will be removed.
We do not allow graphic, vulgar, profane, obscene, explicit, or racist comments or submissions, nor do we allow comments that are abusive, threatening, hateful, or intended to defame or violate the privacy of anyone or any organization. Comments that contain deliberate misinformation and off-topic comments may be removed. Repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users may be removed. People who post multiple, successive off-topic posts may be subject to page participation restrictions and/or removal from the page.
Comments including phone numbers, e-mail addresses, residential addresses, or similar information will be removed.
We do not allow comments that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
We do not allow solicitations or advertisements. This includes promotion or endorsement of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency. People who continue to post such content and/or links may be subject to page participation restrictions and/or removal from the page.
We do not allow attempts to defame or defraud any financial, commercial, or non-governmental agency. Such posts and/or links are subject to deletion.
We do not allow comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity.
You participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
Posting of external links on this site that are intended as advertising (or to drive traffic to websites unrelated to Great Smoky Mountains National Park), or do not contribute to dialog and discussions about Great Smoky Mountains may be deleted. Messages intended to disrupt the functioning of the page may be deleted. People who continue to post such links may be subject to page participation restrictions and/or removal from the page. External links do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the U.S. National Park Service or the U.S. Department of Interior.
Communication made through this service’s e-mail and/or messaging system will not constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the National Park Service or any official or employee of the National Park Service. If you wish to express a comment about something related to Great Smoky Mountains National Park in a formal and official capacity, several established methods and mechanisms are at your disposal. To get started, please visit the park website at http://www.nps.gov/grsm or contact the park directly at 107 Park Headquarters Road, Gatlinburg, TN 37738.
For official information about the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, please visit http://www.nps.gov/grsm.
This Comment Policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure that its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum.
Guidelines for Posting Photos
1. Photos must be of Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
2. Photos should not contain any nudity or pornographic content. Photo(s) containing such content will be removed and you will be banned from the site.
3. Photos should not show activities that would be a violation of park rules or laws. Photo(s) containing such content will be removed.
4. Photos should not contain any references to websites or commercial businesses. Photo(s) containing such content will be removed.
5. Photos you post should be in the public domain or belong to you and be photos that you have taken. Please respect copyright laws and do not post photos that do not belong to you.
6. Once a photo has been posted, it is out there for all to see. Use your best judgment as to what you want everyone to see.
7. Due to privacy concerns, people in photos should not be readily identifiable. Photos of children are not allowed. Photo(s) containing such content will be removed.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Great Smoky Mountains National Park posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.