The City of Granbury has created a page because it understands that social media and other forms of internet networking are important communication tools that can be utilized to reach out to the citizenry. The City of Granbury-Your Local Government page is the official page for the City of Granbury. This page is open to anyone who wants to “like” the page or just wants to follow the postings placed thereon.
This page is intended to be an open forum which is suitable to be viewed by people of all ages. Therefore, please make sure your comments and wall posts are appropriate for all readers. We ask that you follow the posting guidelines below. Should you choose not to follow these guidelines, your message will be removed and you may be prohibited from future participation on this site.
1. Your comments must be civil in nature and must not contain malicious, offensive, threatening, profane, or insulting language of any kind. The City will not tolerate submissions that are graphic, obscene, abusive, hateful, discriminatory, or intended to defame anyone or any organization. Personal attacks will not be permitted.
2. Advertising and promotional announcements for individual products or services shall not be permitted. Event or publication announcements will be permitted, but only if the announcement has a direct relevance to the subject of discussion or if the event or publication announced is produced or sponsored by the City of Granbury.
3. The City of Granbury cannot endorse and does not recommend any individual business or business ventures. Any such promotional material posted by a third-party on this site does not constitute an official endorsement by the City of Granbury, and comments containing advertisements or endorsements of specific businesses or business ventures may be removed at the sole discretion of the City. Posts containing the names or logos of businesses which are paid/contractual sponsors of Granbury’s Public Television Channel or events put on by the City are allowed and should not be considered to be endorsements of those businesses.
4. Comments containing links to other websites or pages must be relevant to the topic. The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute an official endorsement of that website, webpage or social media site by the City of Granbury. The City is not responsible for the content of any such external links.
5. This is a forum for community issues and not for electoral campaign purposes. Political messages will not be published except for announcements of City elections.
6. Comments must not suggest or encourage illegal activity.
7. Comments cannot represent a person other than the individual posting the comment.
8. Comments should not include personally identifiable information such as an address, phone number, social security number or other sensitive information.
9. You are legally responsible for the content that you post on this page. By agreeing to post information on this site, you take personal responsibility for your comments, your username, and any information provided.
10. Comments in violation of copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property right of any third party are prohibited and will be removed at the discretion of the City.
Under the Texas Public Information Act, all electronic messages received by the City of Granbury become City records and may be subject to disclosure to the public under provisions of that statute.
Comments on the City of Granbury-Your Local Government page are not deemed to be official public testimony concerning any project or program for which the City is required to hold a public hearing. Expressing your opinion here is for discussion only and is not a substitute for a formal statement in a public hearing process.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when City of Granbury City Hall posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.