The Mental Health America of Greater Houston Suicide Prevention Awareness Group is a team working to collaboratively raise public and professional awareness about suicide as a preventable public health issue.
The group will focus on creating awareness about issues related to military service members, veterans and their families; schools and education settings; and populations identified by the group.
* promoting suicide prevention and offering information about protective and risk factors,
* sharing resources that encourage help-seeking behaviors
* reducing the stigma surrounding the issue of suicide, and providing substance abuse and suicide prevention services
* informing the public about local, state and/or national suicide-related issues
* improving reporting and the portrayal of suicidal behavior, mental illness, and substance abuse in the media
Suicide Prevention Awareness Leaders:
Lone Star Veterans Association Emergency Response Team, MHMRA, Houston Area Suicide Prevention Coalition, Crisis Intervention of Houston, Inc., NAMI Metropolitan Houston, St. Luke's Episcopal Health Charities, the St. Joseph House, American Foundation for Suicide Prevention of the Greater Houston Area, DBSA Greater Houston, W. McKinney Consulting, Nick Finnegan Counseling Center, Grace After Fire, Coalition of Behavioral Health Services, City of Houston Office of Veteran Affairs, 211 Texas/United Way Helpline
Anita Horton, Donna Mohlman, Linda De Sosa, Reagan Hodges, Tanya Campbell
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when MHA Houston Suicide Prevention Awareness Group posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.