Whether being accused of a crime, suffering injuries because of someone else's negligence, or ending a marriage, Justin Daniel realizes that his client's most important goal is being able to return to the life they knew before the problems arose. Justin guides clients through troubled situations with a combination of intelligence, experience, and resourcefulness. He has argued cases at all levels of the Virginia Court system and serves a wide-range of clients including small business owners, executives, government employees, teachers, stay-at-home mothers, police officers, and juveniles.
The son of a lawyer and a Judge, Justin became an attorney because of his passion for being in the courtroom and his innate belief in defending a person's inalienable rights from unjust attacks. He excels in seeing the merits of his client's positions and persuasively communicating those positions to secure the best outcome for his clients.
Since beginning his career at Whitestone Young, Justin has put his distinctive skills to work in a variety of complex criminal, family law and personal injury cases. His commonsense approach and demeanor sets him apart from other attorneys- giving clients confidence at critical times.
Above all, Justin believes that whether he is negotiating a Property Settlement Agreement, a proper award for injuries sustained, or the reduction or dismissal of criminal charges, his comfort to take the case to trial and his record of success in court - often provide the additional leverage needed to achieve the client's goals as quickly as possible.
• 2016-Justin Daniel Successfully negotiated a plea on Conspiracy to Distribute More than 80lbs of MJ and Racketeering charges to a sentence of only 6 months, which was almost time-served
• 2015-Justin Daniel Successfully negotiated a plea to reduce serious sexual offense felony charges; client avoided 2 mandatory life sentences and instead only received 9 months in jail
• 2015-Justin Daniel Won a DWI (.13) trial arguing client had been illegally arrested
• 2016-Justin Daniel Successfully negotiated a settlement of $350,000 for a client who was a passenger in a car struck by a drunk driver; client received the maximum payout allowable by the insurance policies available
• 2016-Justin Daniel Successfully negotiated a Divorce Settlement where client received full physical and legal custody of the child with no visitation to the opposing party as desired, and full child support; client did not have to endure the expense of trial
District of Columbia, 2012
U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2009
Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, Washington, District of Columbia
J.D. - 2008
University of Iowa
B.A. - 2005
Major: Political Science
Adjunct Professor of Trial Advocacy, Columbus School of Law, Catholic University of America, 2008 – 2014
Speaker, Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, seminar on the use of new technology to prosecute Child Pornography cases
Speaker, George Mason University Family Law Association seminar on Divorce Law in private practice
Professional Associations and Memberships
Virginia State Bar
Virginia Bar Association
District of Columbia Bar Association
Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
Northern Virginia Young Lawyers Association
Fairfax County Bar Association
American Bar Association
American Association of Justice
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Justin Daniel, Attorney & Counselor at Law posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.