Effective Thursday July 16th, 2020 Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barret has signed into law a mask ordinance requiring masks to be worn in all public places (not your place of residence). In order to comply with this law, masks will be required at our Downtown YMCA which lies within the City of Milwaukee.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1. No member will be granted access to the Downtown YMCA without a mask that covers their face and nose
2. Masks are required to be worn at all times, except when engaged in strenuous cardiovascular exercise. If you remove your mask during physical exertion, you must not be within 6 feet of any person and must be able to put the mask back on if someone does come within 6 feet of you.
3. At this time masks are recommended but not required at the Rite-Hite Family YMCA as it is not within the City of Milwaukee.
WHERE CAN I FIND MORE INFORMATION:
1. City of Milwaukee Health Department - MKE Cares FAQ's website
2. City of Milwaukee Health Department - MKE Cares PDF
3. YMCA of Metropolitan Milwaukee - COVID-19 Reopening website