LIHEAP Crisis Application
CADC will be taking LIHEAP Crisis applications for utility assistance at the Prescott/Nevada County Library via Pick-Up/Drop-Off on Wednesday’s ONLY during the hours of 10:30 A. M. – 12:00 P. M. at the curbside service area in the rear of the library until further notice.
LIHEAP Crisis Intervention Program provides assistance to low-income households to avoid disconnection or to restore service following disconnection. Benefits are paid directly to utility companies. Qualified households can receive assistance. A copy of a shut-off notice is required.
Information Needed to Apply:
- Proof of residency
- Proof of income for all household members and from all sources that was received during the month prior to applying for assistance Proof of income may include:
- Copies of check stubs showing pre-tax wages from full-time, part-time, or self-employment
- Statement from Employment Security Department for all unemployed adult(s)
- Statement from Office of Child Support Enforcement, if one or more natural parents are not in the household
- Copy of award letter or bank statement showing automatic deposits of
Social Security, SSI, Veteran's Administration, or other pensions or disability payments
- Identifying information for all household members (names, dates of birth, social security numbers)
- Copy of utility bills