Clark County Alert:
FLOOD WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 345 AM EDT/245 AM CDT/ EARLY THIS MORNING
Flood Warning issued March 25 at 12:46AM EDT until March 25 at 3:45AM EDT by NWS Louisville KY
* WHAT...Flooding caused by excessive rainfall is expected.
* WHERE...Portions of south central Indiana and Kentucky, including
the following counties, in south central Indiana, Clark, Crawford,
Dubois, Floyd, Harrison, Orange, Perry and Washington. In
Kentucky, Breckinridge, Hancock, Jefferson, Meade, Ohio and Oldham.
* WHEN...Until 345 AM EDT /245 AM CDT/.
* IMPACTS...Flooding of rivers, creeks, streams, and other low-lying
and flood-prone locations is imminent or occurring. Expect many
areas of slow moving or standing water.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 1244 AM EDT /1144 PM CDT/, Local dispatch reported roads
closed due to heavy rain in the warned area due to
thunderstorms. Flooding is already occurring. Between 2 and
3.5 inches of rain have fallen.
- Additional rainfall amounts of 0.5 to 1 inch are possible in
the warned area.
- Some locations that will experience flooding include...
Louisville, Jeffersonville, New Albany, St. Matthews,
Shively, Lyndon, Tell City, Prospect, Corydon and Graymoor-
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.
Be especially cautious at night when it is harder to recognize the
dangers of flooding.