High School Teens-Great news! Spread the word!!!
Come to this page to get updates on what is going on with Youth Ministry at OLPH - Selma.
High School Teens-Great news! Spread the word!!!
Tomorrow! High school teens invited to sit together (socially distanced) in the front right section. See you there!
Join OLPH Teens for the FINAL DAY of the Novena to St.Michael.
Join the OLPH Teens for day 7 of the Novena to St.Michael
Join OLPH Teens for Day 7 of the Novena to St.Michael 🙏
Join OLPH Teens for Day 6 of the novena to St.Michael
Join OLPH Teens in day 5 of the Novena to St.Michael
Join OLPH Teens for day 4 of the St.Michael Novena
Join OLPH Teens for Day 3 of the St. Michael Novena
Join OLPH Teens for Day 2 of the St.Michael Novena!
Join OLPH HIGH SCCHOL TEENS in prayer to St.Michael!
Join OLPH TONE (High School Ministry) in praying a novena to St.Michael. Invitation below!
Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church in Selma, TX
Happy Grandparents Day!
Grandparents are cherished members of our family. They bring gifts of wisdom, experience, and love and share with us their life of faith. We thank God for their example and ask that he bless them with happiness and good health.
Lord God almighty, bless our grandparents with long life, happiness, and health. May they remain constant in your love and be living signs of your presence to their children and grandchildren.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen
Blessings and prayers to all our youth & families!
Even if you aren’t able to go to mass during this time of social distancing, take care of your spiritual life and make some time to spend w/Jesus today! #sundayvibes #holyvibes #FeedYourFaith
Every year we take a group of teens to Kansas for a LifeTeen Leadership Conference. Obviously, this year changed so many of our annual events. Part of why we love LifeTeen is because they fight to do whatever they can in any circumstance to lead teens closer to Christ! This year, traveling to Benedictine College was not an option, but LifeTeen still hosted a live stream, interactive leadership conference. We were nervous about how this would impact their experience, but how silly it was to doubt God! These 7 girls have spent the last week diving in to prayer times, scripture studies, teaching talks, having difficult discussions and challenging themselves to look at what it means to be a leader in our beautiful faith today. Please pray for them as they continue their journeys of faith discovering their unique beauty, identity and life in God! #LTLC
So proud of our amazing Alexa! Great things to come for this incredible young woman. 🙏💕🎉
Today we celebrate Alexa Harper, the honoree of the Archbishop’s Medallion for St. John Paul II Catholic High School!
🏆Alexa has exemplified JPII’s core virtues of humility, faith, courage, and love.
🙏She has led the school in Solidarity teams and retreats, as well as school-wide prayers. She is a key member of our Totus Tuus music ministry, playing piano and most appropriately the harp!
♥️Alexa has led the school’s pro-life efforts, organizing the groups to pray in front of clinics, marching in Austin, and being a role model to her peers. She is serious about her pro-life work, always with great love and care.
📚She has taken many high-level classes, including AP and Dual Credit classes.
In her years serving the student body through the 📣Student Council, she has exemplified a servant leader, always taking the jobs that needed completing, no matter what they required.
Thank you for your dedication to our school and local community, we know you will continue making the world a better place as you move through college and your future career!
High school teens! Don’t miss out!
Keep your faith strong this summer 🙏 online bible studies via zoom
@olphtone teens in Selma,TX love @abishopgustavo !!! #TVinspires
Archdiocese of San Antonio Archbishop Gustavo flying over OLPH in Selma! #TVinspires
Archbishop set to fly over OLPH! 🙏💕🎆
Archbishop Gustavo and Commemorative Air Force to bless San Antonio from the sky TODAY, Monday afternoon, May 11
Archbishop to announce re-opening of parishes; list of tentative flyover times
The mission of the Tex Hill Wing of the Commemorative Air Force is to educate, inspire, honor, and preserve, and during this difficult time the organization is teaming up with the Archdiocese of San Antonio to inspire unity and healing with an operation called, “Mission: Hope.”
On Monday, May 11, at 2 p.m., the 1942 SNJ “Ole’ Yeller” will takeoff from historic Stinson Field and soar over the San Antonio area with Archbishop Gustavo García-Siller, MSpS.
Archbishop Gustavo will be blessing the people of the community during this flight, and will announce the re-opening date of parishes in the archdiocese for public weekend liturgies at a ceremony for media and invited guests prior to takeoff held at Hangar 3, the headquarters for the Tex Hill Wing of the CAF. Masses at the archdiocese have been impacted since mid-March due to the COVID-19 crisis.
This event will have 30 scheduled locations for a flyover at 1,000 feet with church bells ringing at many parishes, as Archbishop Gustavo prays for the archdiocese during this pandemic.
“The aircraft is very visible, and I believe the sight of the archbishop flying overhead will be truly inspirational,” said Col. Darren Bond, executive officer of the Tex Hill Wing. “We have had so much bad news lately. It’s time to give people a positive sign.”
“The Commemorative Air Force and the Tex Hill Wing is an organization that serves our communities and is inclusive of all people,” added Nathan Gershon, Tex Hill Wing public information officer. “For this event, we are honored that the archbishop and the CAF can partner for something so beautiful.”
The CAF and the Tex Hill Wing are partnering with the archdiocese on this effort and are committed to following all guidelines related to COVID safety.
This two-hour flight is also taking place prior to the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds flyover of San Antonio to honor health care professionals, first responders, military, and essential personnel.
Flight locations/flyover times (all times subject to change – with all encouraged to look and listen)
1. Takeoff from Stinson Field -- 8431 Mission Road, San Antonio 78214 -- 2 p.m.
2. Mission Espada – 10040 Espada Road, San Antonio 78214 -- 2:02 p.m.
3. Mission San Juan Capistrano – 9101 Graf Road, San Antonio 78214 -- 2:05 p.m.
4. UIW School of Medicine – 2507 Kennedy Circle, Brooks City Base 78235 -- 2:07 p.m.
5. St. PJ’s Children’s Home – 919 Mission Road, San Antonio 78210 -- 2:12 p.m.
6. Mission Concepción – 807 Mission Road, San Antonio 78210 -- 2:15 p.m.
7. St Cecilia’s Catholic Church – 125 West Whittier Street, San Antonio 78210 -- 2:25 p.m.
8. Holy Redeemer Catholic Church – 1819 Nevada Street, San Antonio 78203 -- 2:30 p.m.
9. CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Children’s Hospital – 333 North Santa Rosa Street, San Antonio 78207 -- 2:32 p.m.
10. San Fernando Cathedral – 115 Main Plaza, San Antonio 78205 -- 2:35 p.m.
11. San Antonio City Hall – 100 Military Plaza, San Antonio 78205 -- 2:35 p.m.
12. Bexar County Adult Detention Center – 200 North Comal, San Antonio 78207 -- 2:40 p.m.
13. Sacred Heart Catholic Church – 2114 West Houston Street, San Antonio 78207 -- 2:42 p.m.
14. St. Timothy Catholic Church – 1515 Saltillo Street, San Antonio 78207 -- 2:42 p.m.
15. Our Lady of the Lake University – 411 SW 24th Street, San Antonio 78207 -- 2:50 p.m.
16. Archdiocesan Pastoral Center/Assumption Seminary/Mexican American Catholic College – 2718 West Woodlawn Avenue, San Antonio 78228 -- 2:53 p.m.
17. St. Mary’s University – One Camino Santa Maria, San Antonio 78228 -- 2:55 p.m.
18. Kelly Field – Kelly, San Antonio 78227 -- 3 p.m.
19. Lackland Air Force Base – West Military Drive, San Antonio 78236 -- 3 p.m.
20. Divine Providence Catholic Church – 5667 Old Pearsall Road, San Antonio 78242 -- 3:05 p.m.
21. St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church – 9883 Marbach Road, San Antonio 78245 -- 3:08 p.m.
22. Oblate School of Theology – 285 Oblate Drive, San Antonio 78216 -- 3:15 p.m.
23. St. Francis Nursing Home – 630 West Woodlawn Avenue, San Antonio 78212 -- 3:17 p.m.
24. Padua Place Retired Priest Residence – 80 Peter Baque Road, San Antonio 78209 -- 3:20 p.m.
25. University of the Incarnate Word – 4301 Broadway Street, San Antonio 78209 -- 3:22 p.m.
26. St. Pius X Church – 7734 Robin Rest Drive, San Antonio 78209 -- 3:25 p.m.
27. Catholic Life Insurance headquarters building – 1635 NE Interstate 410 Loop, San Antonio 78209 -- 3:30 p.m.
28. Shrine of St. Padre Pio Catholic Church – 3843 Bulverde Parkway, San Antonio 78259 -- 3:32 p.m.
29. Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church – 16075 N Evans Road, Selma 78154 -- 3:35 p.m.
30. St. Peter & Paul Catholic Church – 386 N Castell Avenue, New Braunfels 78130 -- 3:40 p.m.
31. St. Monica Catholic Church – 501 North Street, Converse 78109 -- 3:45 p.m.
32. Return to Stinson Airport – 8431 Mission Road, San Antonio 78214 -- 3:50 p.m.
Additional information may be found on the page Tex Hill Wing – CAF, as well as social media pages of the Archdiocese of San Antonio, Today’s Catholic newspaper, and CTSA Catholic Television of San Antonio. Hashtag #TexHillWing #CAF #CommemorativeAirForce
The event will be livestreamed and CTSA, Spectrum Channel 15, will air portions of the flight live on the station.
Several people have asked about live streaming on YouTube so you can join in for Mass on your smart tv. There is only one way to make that happen! We need 1000 subscribers, and we got almost 200 in a few hours.
Click this link and then press “subscribe” - 1000 subscribers would mean we can livestream on YouTube!
Great reminder in this time at home!!!
Before we commit a sin, there were usually small temptations which we let grow in our soul, eventually making excuses for ourselves and our fall, Pope Francis said during Mass Saturday.
Wednesday Daily Mass in Spanish at Noon 🙏
Join in today!
Sr.Leonita shares her reflection from the Feast Of the Annunciation to the OLPH Community!
On the Feast of the Annunciation, Sr.Leonita Barron shares her thoughts for the OLPH Community in Selma, TX as we walk together through this time.
Livestream of Spanish daily mass at noon. 🙏💕
Our awesome OLPH LifeTeen Core meeting to pray & plan for continued ministry to our teens! We Love and miss them all. Info to come SOON about upcoming online events. #olphtone
San Antonio Vocation Office
Deacon Blayne will be ordain as a Priest on Thursday, March 26. Join us to celebrate his ordination at 6:30pm at CTSA Facebook Live
16075 N Evans Rd
Teen ACTS 2009: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=95519529169&ref=ts Teen ACTS 2010: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=143525385681884&ref=ts
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when OLPH Youth Ministry posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.