The Silverthorne Police Department is an exciting and progressive place to work. There are currently twenty one employees at the police department.
The department is proud to be the recipient of several policing awards and certifications for innovation and excellence. In striving for a professional and well-informed police force, Silverthorne we insure that officers are provided with a variety of training opportunities. Employees within the department are committed to the long-term goal of living and being part of the mountain community of Silverthorne and all of the benefits that come with it.
The Silverthorne Police Department is an active participant in several countywide teams to include: Tactical Team, Drug Task Force, and DUI enforcement program. The department also has an internal fitness program and a bilingual incentive pay program for those employees who have achieved a level of proficiency in Spanish.
Social Media Commenting Policy - Adoption Date: 4/30/2010
The Town of Silverthorne makes use of social media to engage residents and visitors and to promote Town programs and services. No communication to the Town of Silverthorne through this social media shall be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any purpose. The Town of Silverthorne’s use of external social media tools is provided as a public service. The Town of Silverthorne disclaims liability for ads, videos, promoted content or comments accessible from any external web page. Any inclusion of external content or comments on external social media web sites does not imply endorsement by the Town of Silverthorne. The Town of Silverthorne reserves the right and may choose to reprint comments/materials placed on the social media web sites to other media/audiences. The Town reserves the right to remove comments/materials from Town social media tools when those comments/materials, in the Town's sole discretion, are inappropriate. Inappropriate comments include the examples listed below. Additionally, the Town reserves the right to terminate a person's ability to post comments/materials or otherwise participate in the Town's social media tools when the person has repeatedly posted inappropriate comments/materials.
- Commercial promotions
- Comments in support or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures
- Comments or links not topically related to the particular topic being commented upon
- Hateful or mean-spirited comments
- Plagiarized material or material that potentially violates intellectual property rights
- Private, personal information published without consent
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Comments that violate any law or promote the violation of any law
- Comments that encourage or constitute legally prohibited discriminatory or harassing conduct
- Personal attacks, insults, profane, name-calling, or threatening language
- Obscene or sexually explicit comments
- Comments made by a person masquerading as someone else
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, physical or mental disability, sexual identification or orientation, or national origin.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Silverthorne Police Department posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.