I am again offering the Mandala class at the lovely Backdoor Gallery located next to Sakura's restaurant on Route 3 in Fredericksburg. It is part of my Art as Healing series.Saturday, Feb. 7, 2015, 9:30 am - 2:30 pm.
Price: $45.00/per person
The transcendent beauty of the Mandala, or sacred circle, has been used for spiritual focus in many Eastern as well as Christian traditions. Carl Jung considered creating mandalas to be a journey of healing. In these stressful and hectic times, creating mandalas is one way to feed our souls.
This workshop will provide you with the
• background of the mandala
• uses of a mandala
• spiritual significance of the mandala
Participants need not have any drawing ability nor painting experience! This 4-hour workshop will also give you:
• basic acrylic painting instruction
• a mandala you have painted yourself
• a digitally created mandala that you can use for greeting cards, business logo, tee shirt transfers or wall decoration
• the knowledge of how to create mandalas on your own.
Feel free to bring a snack!