NWS Posting Policy:
The National Weather Service (NWS) is using Facebook as a supplemental channel for improving weather awareness. Postings to this page highlight activities of interest and importance to both the weather community and the public, and include NWS meetings, constituent and partner engagement activities, and public education efforts.
Questions or comments about local forecasts or local advisories/watches/warnings need to be submitted to the issuing local Weather Forecast Offices. The local Weather Forecast Offices are listed at:http://www.weather.gov/organization.php
There is no endorsement, implied or otherwise, by the NWS of any fan posts, links, or photos. Writers/fans are fully responsible for the content they submit.
Your comments are important to us and others who read these pages. It's important to remember that our weather community includes people of all ages and backgrounds. What seems funny to one person might be truly offensive to another. From our experience, the people who join in the dialog on these pages mostly self-moderate each other. The NWS posting policy is intended to set clear guidelines on what is appropriate for these pages. Above all, posted comments must be appropriate for all ages and be courteous and respectful of others and related to matters, activities, programs, policies or operations relevant to the NWS. NWS has established the following posting policies and reserves the right to delete postings that are inconsistent with them. Therefore, it is our policy to remove comments that:
* is from anyone younger than 13 years of age;
* contains defamatory, vulgar, obscene, abusive, profane, threatening, hateful, intimidating, or otherwise offensive language;
* contains malicious or offensive comments based on gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, political affiliation, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or other classification;
* contains advertisements, endorsements, or promotions, including spam and similar content;
* contains comments on matters unrelated to activities of the National Weather Service or its programs, policies, operations, or general areas of responsibility;
* contains impersonations or misrepresents the writer’s identity or affiliation;
* contains viruses or similar harmful programs;
* contains proprietary information or intellectual property that is posted without the approval of the owner;
* recommends that members of the public contact a member of Congress or of a state or local legislature;
* contains comments regarding a candidate in a partisan political campaign or regarding a political party; or
* contains information that violates a local, state, or national law.
For more about NWS use of FaceBook and other social networking services, see the page at: http://www.weather.gov/socialmedia
Fans should not rely on this service as the primary means of receiving alerts/warnings of hazardous weather. NWS alerts/warnings are available on NOAA Weather Radio and our official website: http://weather.gov/washington
Responses to fan posts are made on a time-available basis and may be extremely limited during periods of severe weather.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when US National Weather Service Baltimore/Washington posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.