Mission Statement- The Door County Sheriff’s Office is dedicated to the safety and welfare of all citizens and visitors. We are committed to partnering with the community to solve problems and improve public safety in a manner that is fair, transparent, and consistent.
Integrity - We are committed to the enforcement of laws and the preservation of order. We are honest, truthful, and consistent in our words and actions, and therefore worthy of the public’s trust. We exercise discretion in a manner that is beyond reproach. We do not accept gifts or special considerations as a consequence of our office.
Professionalism - We treat the public and our colleagues with courtesy and respect. We understand that our appearance, words, and demeanor contribute to the public’s confidence in us. We are responsive to the community, and deliver services promptly and efficiently.
Fairness - We act with fairness, restraint, and impartiality in carrying out our duties. We work with the community to continually understand and overcome cultural influences and unconscious biases. We understand that our actions, combined with the way we treat members of the community, contributes to our “legitimacy” in the eyes of the public.
Teamwork - We work together as one organization in carrying out the mission of the sheriff’s office; our respective units do not act as distinct “silos” from one another. As individual members of the department we are respectful to each other and work collectively to solve problems and serve the community.
Please do not use this page to report a crime or request an officer.
Contact the Door County Sheriff’s Department by phone at 920-746-2400. The Door County Sheriff’s Department Facebook Terms. This is the official page of the Door County Sheriff’s Office (DCSO). This page was created to provide people who live, work, or visit Door County, information about DCSO. This page is monitored and managed by the DCSO. Before posting on this page, please review these terms.
• A posting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
• In case of emergency, or if you need police assistance, dial 911.
• Do not use this page to report a crime.
• If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness to a crime and subject yourself to subpoena.
• Comments posted by others on the DCSO page are not to be considered the opinion of the DCSO; nor does DCSO endorse any third party comments on this page.
• The DCSO reserves the right to remove any comment and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the DCSO.
The DCSO welcomes a person’s right to express his/her opinion and encourages posters to keep comments related to content on this page. The DCSO reserves the right to remove any comments that are inappropriate or offensive, including comments that:
• defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others,
• include racism, hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity,
• spam or advertise,
• have personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy,
• include copyrighted material that belongs to another person,
• contain links to inappropriate websites.
You are always welcomed to "share" DCSO status to your page, this will allow you to express your opinion on your page.
If you have any questions on the terms of the DCSO page you can email us at [email protected]