*CARBON MONOXIDE SAFETY TIPS*
Carbon monoxide, also known as CO, is called the “invisible killer” because it's a colorless, odorless, poisonous gas. It is undetectable to the human senses, so people may not know that they are being exposed.
CO poisoning can occur when a fuel-burning appliance or machine, such as a furnace, heater or generator, is not working or vented properly.
DIAL 9-1-1 if you think you may have a CO leak or are experiencing CO poisoning.
-Install and maintain CO alarms inside your home to provide early warning of CO.
-Install CO alarms in a central location outside each separate sleeping area and on every level of your home.
-Use portable generators outdoors in well-ventilated areas away from all doors, windows and vents.
-Make sure vents for the dryer, furnace, stove and fireplace are clear of debris.