The functions of UNIS include:
Advocating Ukrainian American issues of interest and concern to government officials in Washington, DC.
- Promoting sustained levels of U.S. foreign assistance to Ukraine.
- Voicing the community's opinion on important matters. UNIS' ACTION ITEMS provide timely information and offer recommendations on how best to advocate our concerns. Repealing the Jackson-Vanik amendment for Ukraine is just one example of the success of our efforts.
- Tracking legislation that affect Ukraine and our community. UNIS advocated passage of a bill to construct a monument on federal land in Washington, DC to honor the victims of the Ukrainian Genocide of 1932-1933.
- Enhancing the participation and visibility of Ukrainian Americans in the legislative process. UNIS annually organizes "Ukrainian Days" in Washington, DC to offer community representatives the opportunity to meet with their elected officials in the U.S. Congress and discuss priorities of our community. Briefing sessions, breakfast with members of the CUC, and receptions at the Embassy of Ukraine offer additional opportunities for discussion and debate.
Strengthen the Bilateral relations between the United States and Ukraine
- Facilitating meetings for Ukrainians with their U.S. counterparts
- Organizing video conferences between the U.S. and Ukrainian law makers. This innovative program bring together members of the U.S. Congress and Ukraine's Parliament to discuss issues of concern and interest, bolstering mutual understanding and ties between the two legislatures.
Maintaining Active Media Relations To Provide Timely Information and In-Depth Analysis of Ukrainian Issues
- providing commentary and analysis on current issues and events
- issuing timely Ukraine In Brief reports to lawmakers, administration officials, policy-makers, and members of the community summarizing recent news from and about Ukraine.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Ukrainian National Information Service (UNIS) posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.