Congratulations to the WHS Barrons as they keep the Bragging Rights trophy by defeating CHS Patriots 34-0. Woodbrige Police Officer/ Woodbridge alumnus Marc Sokolow presented them with the trophy.
Community Affairs is committed to the involvement of residents of Woodbridge Township in the activities of the Woodbridge Police Department.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Woodbridge Police Department posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Send a message to Woodbridge Police Department:
Woodbridge Police Department Social Media Policy Welcome to the Woodbridge Township Police Department (WPD) Face Book/Social Media site. By posting on this page you are explicitly acknowledging that you have read, have accepted, and will be bound by the Woodbridge Township Police Department (WPD) Face Book/Social Media Usage and Policy Statement.
1. Woodbridge Township (hereinafter “Township”) endorses and supports the secure use of Social Media to enhance the communication, collaboration and the exchange of information between Woodbridge Township and its citizens. This Woodbridge Township Social Media forum is intended to streamline the exchange of information, foster an open and honest exchange, and provide up-to-date and current information to its citizens as quickly as possible while permitting open and fair responses.
2. Social Media provides a new and potentially valuable additional means of assisting various Woodbridge Township Department(s) and their personnel in meeting community outreach needs, developing problem-solving, and a myriad of other objectives. As a public entity, Woodbridge Township must abide by appropriate standards to serve all of its constituents in a civil and unbiased manner.
3. The intended purpose of Woodbridge Township(s) Social Media site(s) is to disseminate relevant and current information from the municipality to its residents, employees and visitors.
4. Woodbridge Township recognizes and informs all potential users that these forums may be viewed by citizens of all ages, including children. The posts are intended to be informative and all posts are intended to be limited to the specific topic for which they are posted.
5. Woodridge Township Social Media account(s) are intended to be a limited public forum. Accordingly, postings are limited to specific acceptable subjects and public comment is invited, regardless of its position, providing it pertains to the topic addressed in the posting. Comments containing unprotected speech shall not be permitted on the Woodbridge Township Social Media site(s) and are subject to removal and/or restriction by the Woodbridge Township Director of Communication, Social Media Public Information Coordinator, and/or designee. Content unrelated to the original post or on some other topic shall be removed.
6. To facilitate and insure that all addressed issues are relevant and current, the Woodbridge Township Director of Communication, Social Media Public Information Coordinator, and/or designee will remove all posts that are at least 60 days old on the first business day of each month.
7. Inappropriate, foul or obscene language will not be tolerated. Users are directed and reminded that postings must not include language that our community would find offensive and/or obscene to either its adult or child population. Profane, obscene, violent or pornographic content and/or language of a sexually suggestive nature or links to such material will be removed. Any image or link containing minors or suspected minors in sexual situations will be reported to law enforcement, as will any threats whether made by innuendo or direct comment. Comments or posts that reflect bullying or intimidation shall be subject to removal.
8. Content that promotes, fosters, perpetuates or suggests discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, age, religion, gender, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation will be removed. Any such comments which are perceived to be illegal will be reported to law enforcement.
9. Defamation or personal attacks or threats to any person or organization will be removed and turned over to law enforcement.
10. Private solicitations, including solicitations for commerce, advertising for any businesses or products will be removed.
11. Any statement or conduct that is in violation of any federal, state or local statute, law or regulation, as well as the encouragement of any illegal activity, will be removed and turned over to law enforcement.
12. Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems, as well as any content that violates any legal ownership interests, such as a contract or intellectual property rights, will be removed. Such posts and all content and submissions will be removed immediately upon proper notification to the municipality of the infringement on another’s intellectual property rights.
13. As a public entity, Woodbridge Township must abide by appropriate standards to serve all of its constituents in a civil and unbiased manner. The intended purpose of these social media sites is to disseminate current information from Woodbridge Township to its residents, employees and visitors. Spamming and/or repetitive content shall be removed and comments from children under 13 cannot be posted in order to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
14. All who post and all users acknowledge that they are at least 13 years of age.
15. The Woodbridge Township social media account(s) are not intended to be, nor are they permitted to contain advertising, to direct, redirect or refer users to another site(s), or contain links to other site(s). Accordingly, any post that is an advertisement, that permits or suggests a redirection to some other website, or that links to some other forum, will not be permitted and will be removed.
16. Any comment posted by a member of the public on any Woodbridge Township Social Media site is the opinion of the commentator or poster only, and the publication of a comment does not imply endorsement of, nor agreement by, Woodbridge Township. Such comments reflect only the opinion of the person making the comments and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Woodbridge Township.
17. Any attempt to hack or otherwise compromise Woodbridge Township’s and/or the municipality’s Internet or Social Media sites will be reported to law enforcement and the perpetrator will be denied access to the sites.
18. Woodbridge Township reserves the right to deny access to its Social Media sites to any individual who violates the Social Media policy at any time and without prior notice.
The above is the Woodbridge Township Usage Agreement and Policy Statement. By use of the Woodbridge Township Social Media site(s), the user specifically acknowledges that they have read, understand and agree to be bound by these policies, limitations, and this usage agreement.