08/30/2026
Commemorative Plate, Corinth United Church, 1980
Commemorates the 100th anniversary of the Corinth United Church.
Located at 1311 Henry Street (Best Line) in Corinth, Bayham Township.
In the 1840s before a formal church building existed, two separate Methodist congregations, known as Moss-Benson and Jones' Corners, operated in the Corinth area.
In 1880, these two congregations merged. They constructed the brick building featured on plate to serve the community. It originally functioned as the Corinth Methodist Church. In 1925, the Methodist Church merged with several other Protestant denominations to form The United Church of Canada.
At this point, the church officially became the Corinth United Church.
The church closed in 1997 and was rezoned for residential use.
Photograph of Corinth United Church, circa 1970. Elgin County Archives.