11/09/2026
Yesterday a High Tops team of Allan, James, Kay, Laura & Len - with Craig leading - went to Ben Starav in Glen Etive.
The forecast wasn't great so we decided to shelter from the weather by going up the usual north ridge route, instead of our proposed Northwest ridge which would've put us in the wind.
We managed to hide from much of the wind until the summit, but not the rain which increased as we gained height.
After we reached the summit cairn on Starav we continued a few hundred meters towards Glas Beinn Mhor and decided that we'd had enough of the horizontal soaking and headed back down the way we had come up.
One of those days where decision making was a fluid as the water cascading off the hill.