*Vacancies* Do you want a job like no other? We’re looking for seven experienced helicopter pilots to help us save lives, tackle criminality & keep people and communities safe every day.
Vacancies at NPAS North Weald, St Athan, Benson, Husbands Bosworth and Redhill. Access the base map: https://www.npas.police.uk/bases
Flying to more than 20,000 tasks every year, crews provide effective aerial support to ground based officers 24/7/365 and in doing so improve operational response to incidents within the highest safety standards.
Working alongside Tactical Flight Officers, NPAS Pilots have the opportunity to make good use of their skills and experience on a variety of police missions including fast-paced, dynamic tasks such as:
• pursuit of stolen vehicles
• searching for missing persons/suspects
• support for firearms incidents
Pilots also fly to pre-planned tasks. This can include support for large public events such as the London Marathon, Heads of State visits and large demonstrations. On occasion, pilots are called upon to land so the crew can assist people in distress.
What we can offer you:
• Fixed 4 on 4 off, 12-hour roster pattern offering a stable working routine and the ability to plan many months ahead. Pilots operate in accordance with the approved Flight Time Limitation (FTL).
• 19 days annual leave per year (19 x 12hr shifts) ) – the 4 on, 4 off shift pattern means you can have 12 consecutive days off by booking 4 consecutive days annual leave.
• Additional annual leave / overtime for public holidays
• Additional annual leave upon completion of 5 years’ service
• Career average revalued earnings (CARE) pension scheme
• Potential to transfer to another NPAS base across England and Wales
• Medical expenses for maintaining Class 1 medical
• A Loss of Licence Insurance scheme
• Death in service payment
In order to be considered for the role you must have the following:
• Minimum of a Commercial Pilot’s Licence (Helicopter) with RT Licence and Class 1 Medical (unrestricted)
• A minimum of 1,500 hours total helicopter flying time which must include 50 hours flying at night including 20 hours PIC at night, 500 hours PIC overland under VMC and significant low flying experience. You will also need to demonstrate instrument flying experience.
• Ability to work as part of a team and be a self-starter
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to the crew while carrying out other tasks
• A full UK driving licence
Applicants should be aware that it is not always possible to carry out adequate vetting checks on persons who have not been resident within the UK for the last three years. Therefore, where this applies, applicants may be refused on the grounds that it was not possible to vet them to the appropriate standard.
These posts are suitable for job share. The application process will close at 23:55 on 16 August 2020.
Listen to our pilots talking about the role, find out what our Chief Pilot is looking for in NPAS Pilots & apply https://www.npas.police.uk/jobs/line-pilot-helicopter