The Material Properties Analysis and Development Centre (MPAD) comprises of three laboratories as follow:
- The Performance and Safety Inspection Laboratory (PSI)
- The Material Properties and Failure Analysis Laboratory (MPF)
- The Material Biodegradation Testing Laboratory (MBT)
-The Performance and Safety Inspection Laboratory (PSI)
has provided testing and analysis in 5 main categories as follow:
- Vickers hardness test and Macrostructure analysis are mainly served for
qualifying welders and the quality of welding work.
- Microstructure analysis is utilized for a wide range of metallographic
investigation, for example phase analysis and phase distribution, ferrite
content measurement in stainless steel, nodular graphite content
measurement in cast iron, grain size measurement, etc.
- Fractographic investigation by SEM and EDX are important document for
supporting failure analysis cases.
- Replica technique is one of the most important methods for non-destructive
microstructure analysis, which is widely used for creep assessment of the
components using at high temperature and high pressure such as furnace and
pressure vessel, electricity power plant, petrochemical industries, etc.
-The Material Properties and Failure Analysis Laboratory (MPF)
is especially capable in the field of fatigue and durability analysis and therefore has building up a strong reputation over a decade in providing professional and satisfactory services and consultancies for many industries, e.g. petrochemical, railway and automotive industry. In addition, MDL also provides service in the area of mechanical testing ranging from static, dynamic, impact test, and chemical analysis using Spectroscope and experimental stress analysis using strain gauge. And in the area of service/life time assessment of product, MDL has provided corrosion and material deterioration testing and analysis of color coating, sealing, and structural steels, etc.
The services include:
- Mechanical testing for weldings, materials, parts, and products.
- Chemical composition analysis of metallic material for material classification
- Salt spray test to analyze corrosion behavior of metallic and non-metallic
materials by accelerating corrosion reaction using salt spray fume.
- Electrochemical test by impedance/potentiostat and galvanostat instrument to
measure corrosion resistance of materials and coatings and coating
- Durability test of oil-tubing and the assemblies according to customers’
requirements: burst test, ovality, leakage test, corrosion test, etc.
- Customized testing or non-standard testing for parts/ products with no
supporting standard test methods for quality assurance and performance
- Products performance testing/product quality testing for TISI’s product
certification such as stainless steel seamed stock pots, etc.
- Fatigue and durability testing and analysis according to the customer’s specific
test requirements such as design validation, prototype evaluation and optimization.
By building up its own capacity and reinforcing extensive experiences with comprehensive understanding in physical test range from general material properties to sophisticated life time simulation test of components and structures, MDL has geared towards being the first laboratory in Thailand to offer complete end-to-end R&D services by integrating CAD/CAM/CAE software design, building virtual prototype, validating the result, and verifying the prototype with physical test. MDL also provides assistance to the customers in designing the experiments and construction of special testing apparatus, which tailored to specific testing parameter requirements.
-Material biodegradation tests
Research and testing services for biodegradation of environmental friendly products such as compostable plastics, household cleaning products, lubricant, etc.
The services include:
-Analysis and testing services for specifications for compostable plastic, are accredited by ISO 17088 international standard, in equivalent as TIS 17088, EN 13432, ASTM D 6400, that recognized and registered with the DIN CERTCO institute of Germany and Thailand Environment Institute.
-Preliminary biodegradation testing service via In-house method is a short time operation and cheaper than comparing with standard method, which is especially useful for research and development of material and biodegradation packaging.
-Research and testing services of biodegradation for environmental friendly material; to support and certify of various industries such as food packaging, compostable plastics, household cleaning products, lubricant etc. In addition, research for treating hazardous residues in environment contaminated by bioremediation process also available.