I had a request to repost.
LET’S TALK WEDDINGS
with so many questions about the process I thought I might help.
1. Marriage License (Clerk of Courts Office - you need birth certificates and government issued picture ID yes both parties must be there unless you have a notarized document - approx $26) Call Parish Clerks office if you have questions.
2. Make an appointment with whom you choose to do your ceremony - I can only speak for myself. So any information here is about how I do a ceremony.
3. Yes, I can waive the 24 hour waiting period
4. Yes, I do everything from very formal weddings to simple casual.
5. Yes, I will go to your venue of choice within a reasonable distance.
6. Yes, I do weddings in my office.
3530 England Dr, Alexandria
7. You have full control of how you want your vows and ceremony. It’s your day, do it your way.
8. You will need two witnesses but you are welcome to invite as many guest as you like.
9. It’s not very ethical to talk cost but I will.
Again, this is my charges, not everyone is the same.
At My Office - $50
At Your Venue - $100 -$150 depends on mileage
Active Military - $25 (at my office)
9. After the ceremony, documents are signed, I return 2-copies and you return 1-copy to the Clerk of Court office. They will certify your copy. This is the copy you use for all legal records.
Any further questions call me or text at