Arlington VA Public Library
In an effort to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), Arlington Public Library is closing all locations as of Tuesday, March 17, 9 p.m.
We made this decision to support the overall health and wellness of our community and for the safety of our patrons and staff.
• All fines and due dates for physical items are suspended until further notice.
• All book drops are closed at this time.
• Please keep library items at home until we can resume Library operations.
• Holds on physical items have been disabled in the catalog and Library App until further notice.
• Holds are available on items in the eCollection. Note: OverDrive holds no longer check out automatically. When you receive a notification that your hold is available, go to your Overdrive account Holds page to borrow the item.
• Any library cards expiring between March 1 and May 1 now expire on June 1.
• Available 24/7 with your library card.
This was a difficult decision, as we care deeply about serving the public. Closing the library to help minimize the spread of COVID-19 is the responsible thing to do, and the best way to serve our patrons - many of whom are at high risk. Thank you for your patience and understanding.