Our goal is to encourage responsible pet ownership by offering licensing programs, field enforcement services, and educational programs for Arlington citizens. The care of stray and unwanted animals and the eradication of rabies from the community’s animal population are critical to successful operation.
We provide services to the citizens of Arlington for the following:
Public education programs:
- Day cares
- Adult groups
- Utility companies
Deceased animal pickup
THIS PAGE IS MONITORED ON A REGULAR BASIS, HOWEVER IT IS NOT MONITORED 24/7. FOR URGENT MATTERS PLEASE CONTACT THE SHELTER DIRECTLY. PHONE NUMBER : 817.459.5898 EMAIL ADDRESS: [email protected]
FOR AFTER HOURS EMERGENCIES PLEASE CALL 9-1-1.
While the services we provide are for Arlington residents, The Arlington Animal Services Center (ASC) adoption program is open to anyone wishing to adopt a pet. The adoption process is simple.
- Visit the Animal Services Center located at 1000 SE Green Oaks Blvd. Arlington, TX or view available animals online at www.arlingtontx.gov/adoptablepets. Adoption of animals is on a first come, first serve basis.
Individuals must be at least 18 years of age to adopt and to meet with adoptable pets.
Each family is allowed to meet with two pets per day. We recommend visiting the online website to view animals available for adoption, and to help learn more about our pets and narrow down your selections prior to coming to the shelter.
The adoption fee is $100 for a dog and $90 for a cat. All adoptions include core vaccinations, spay/neuter surgery, FIV/FELV testing for cats, heartworm testing for dogs, a microchip and more.
VIP Pets can be adopted for $25! A pet can be made VIP for reasons that include the following: time in shelter, available space in shelter, senior pet over 8 years of age, heartworm positive dogs, FIV positive cats, behavior and/or special needs of the animal, or at the discretion of the kennel supervisor or shelter manager.
A valid, government issued ID is required at the time of adoption.
Not Able to Adopt? You Can Still Help!
- Volunteer - Interested in volunteering? Please visit the city website at www.arlingtontx.gov/animalvolunteer for more information.
- Foster – The ASC has a Foster Pet Program for Arlington residents. Get involved by becoming a registered volunteer!
- Foster for an Adoption Placement Partner – The ASC’s approved Adoption Placement Partners are always looking for foster pet homes. If you live outside the City of Arlington, this may be another option for you to become a foster pet parent. To learn more about AAS Rescue Partners as well as see a list of approved rescues visit: https://arlingtontx.gov/rescuepartners
- Donate – Interested in donating directly to the shelter? Visit http://www.arlington-tx.gov/animals/donations/ to learn more about the ASC’s needs and options for making a donation.
Each animal adoption includes the following:
Spay or neuter
City license (for Arlington residents)
Heartworm/FeLV/FIV testing services