The Loudoun County School Board will hold a virtual meeting at 4 p.m. Tuesday, June 9. All School Board members and staff representatives will participate electronically from remote locations. The Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Administrative Building will be closed, and no opportunities for public participation will be available there.
Live public comment will be accepted virtually and aired in real time during this meeting. Online and telephone registration will open through 3 p.m. Tuesday (telephone registrations may be made between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday and 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Tuesday at 571-252-1030).
To participate in the June 9 2020, School Board meeting, please register here (https://tinyurl.com/y7tdcc9e).
The full meeting agenda (https://tinyurl.com/yc7vdea9) is available on the LCPS website.
The board will consider two action items during the meeting: Recommendation for Expenditure of FY20 Appropriated But Unspent Funds, and Policy 7320, Staff Health.
The agenda also contains eight information items. The information items include:
· Policy 8225, Re-Admission, Exclusion or Admission of Students and Deletion of Policy 8-16, Students Expelled or Suspended by Other Than Loudoun County and 8-23, Readmission of Expelled Students.
· Annual Grant Application for the 2020-2021 School Year for the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as Amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act of 2015 (ESSA) P.L. 114-95
· LCPS Head Start Annual Training and Report 2019-2020 and PY28 Grant Application and Budget for Funding Period December 1, 2020 to November 30, 2021.
· Policy 2610, School Board Staff Aides.
· Revision of Policy 2510, School - Community Communications and Community Involvement.
· Adoption of Policy 2515, School Board Member Use of Social Media.
· COVID-19 Update on LCPS Continued Response.
The Loudoun County School Board believes that strong community engagement and outreach are important components of a successful school system, even while the COVID-19 crisis requires special arrangements to safely conduct business while implementing recommended preventative measures. The meeting will be available for public viewing through the live-stream telecast (https://www.lcps.org/Page/140009) on LCPS.org, and live on Comcast channel 18 and Verizon FIOS channel 43.