IAVA is the first and largest non-partisan, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of Iraq and Afganistan veterans, their families, and their survivors.
Provide IAVA members in Georgia the support needed to reach their potential as civic leaders and models of responsible American citizenship.
IAVA Georgia is responsible to provide members the information and support needed to reach their potential as civic leaders and models of responsible American citizenship.
IAVA Georgia will accomplish our mission by providing leadership in three key areas:
-Providing our members with a community of peers.
-Local support through IAVA “Squads” dedicated to social, service, success, AND sports.
- Regular events in collaboration with numerous veterans organizations in the Southeast US
- Linking members with resources/programs to address ongoing transition needs.
* local resources and partner veteran service organizations (VSO).
- Support IAVA national awareness campaigns.
- Increase local awareness of veterans’ issues.
- Promote civic responsibility based on military core values.
- Join with other-era veterans and civilian supporters to accomplish our goal.
- Support IAVA national legislative priorities at the state and local level.
- Engage public and private sector stakeholders and enlist their support.
- In word and deed, promote ideals of equal opportunity, equal liberty, and shared sacrifice.
Our nation is increasingly polarized, fragmented, and partisan.
Who better to reverse this trend and set a new standard of citizenship than those who have served in uniform?
Our nation looks to us for leadership. We stand ready to lead again. (We credit our Texas IAVA leaders with solidifying our goals).