Box 503
Woodbine, NJ 08270
Background:
It was decided in 1945 to organize a volunteer fire company. Eldora joined with Belleplain in organizing the company for fire protection. 89 members were recruited and the first meeting was held July 3, 1945. The fire company's first chief was Jesse Creamer. Initially the company used a Forest Fire Truck until they purchased their first truck in September
of 1945. A tank truck joined the pumper in January 1947. In 1945 the P.O.S.O.A. (Patriotic Order Sons of America) had a building right next to the Belleplain United Methodist Church. This P.O.S.O.A. deed the building to the Belleplain Volunteer Fire Company, where the trucks were housed. In 1973, the fire company became the Charter Organization, for the Dennis Twp. Cub Scout Pack 56. We are proud of our continuing support of our local youth. Equally proud are we of the Eagle Scouts who started their scouting careers as members of Dennis Twp. In 1974 a new firehouse was dedicated in the current location, land donated by Carl Mason. As Dennis Township Fire District #3, serving as Station #22.Our primary area is all of Belleplain and Eldora. We provide and receive mutual aid from the New Jersey State Forest Fire Service, Woodbine, Tuckahoe, Dennis, Ocean View, Leesburg, Heislerville, Estell Manor and most other companies in Cape May and Cumberland Counties. We meet the third Wednesday of the month at 7 pm, and are always looking for new members. Please stop into our meeting on the second floor; there is a metal stairway on the left side of the firehouse.