For interested individuals and organizations....
National Grid has committed to planting 1,000 trees across New York State in 2022. As Earth Day approaches, National Grid and Project C Adopt-A-Park would like to offer eligible organizations the opportunity to beautify their landscaping by planting trees.
According to the National Forest Foundation and Nitrofill.com:
1. 1.9 billion trees are planted each year
2. In one year, 100 mature trees can remove 53 tons of carbon dioxide and 430 pounds of pollution from the atmosphere
3. An average size tree produces enough oxygen in one year to keep a family of four breathing
4. Three trees planted in the right place around a building can cut air-conditioning costs up to 50%
5. Tree makes people feel good. Workers are more productive when they see trees along their commute route and from their office windows. It also makes hospital patients heal faster with few medications.
If interested in planting trees, please have them use the following link to request a grant
At National Grid, we have a responsibility to our community, and to show our commitment through clean energy and sustainability. As a result, we created the Adopt a Park initiative - a project designed to revitalize important local and regional landmarks in the areas we serve.