City of Chesapeake pages Comment Policy
The purpose of all City of Chesapeake pages is to provide information to the public. The City of Chesapeake encourages comments and sharing of information related to the topics in posts. However, the City of Chesapeake’s pages are not intended to be a public forum. Therefore, to serve the public interests of decorum and order, the following types of comments will be deleted from all of the City’s
• Off topic from the associated post;
• Comments or content that promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation;
• Spam, advertisements, and links to other Pages or websites, except for other City of Chesapeake pages and where encouraged by the City of Chesapeake;
• Promote illegal activity;
• Breach copyright or trademark laws;
• Promote or oppose a political candidate, political organization or ballot initiative;
• Personal attacks against one or more named individuals;
• Personal, medical, or financial information that would jeopardize the safety or privacy of any person;
• Violent, obscene, profane, or racist comments or content;
• Repeated identical comments;
• Threaten any person or organization;
• Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
Multiple violations of the above Comment Policy may result in the offending user being banned from use of City's pages. To manage City staff resources (your tax dollars), comments and postings are periodically monitored during regular business hours. The City’s pages are not monitored for Virginia Freedom of Information Act requests. Requests to inspect or copy public records under the Virginia Freedom of Information Act must be made to the custodian of the records.
The comments expressed on the City of Chesapeake’s pages do not reflect the opinions and position of the City of Chesapeake, Chesapeake City Council, or its officers and employees.
Please note that Facebook may remove comments that violate Facebook’s Community Standards or Terms of Service.
If you have questions or concerns, please email [email protected]
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Chesapeake Parks, Recreation and Tourism posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.