Chester Pool Opening
The Chester Pool is in the final stages of being prepped and inspected, and we hope to open on or about June 22nd. We are currently awaiting clarification from the Governor’s Office on some key issues in the directive issued late Tuesday, primarily how to determine the number of people that would be allowed at the pool facility and grounds at any given time. This could delay opening somewhat. In this meantime, here is how we are proceeding.
Pre-registration for membership will close on June 16th, and we will begin accepting payment to complete the registration process on June 17th. You do not have to have been pre-registered to apply for membership. Membership application must be made online or dropped off at the municipal building. No applications will be accepted at the pool.
Due to COVID-19, there will be some changes in pool protocol. All of these can be found in the Pool Rules, but here are some of the highlights.
1. Members will have to make a reservation for the days they wish to come to the pool. This can be done up to two weeks in advance. You can use Community Pass to make these reservations. The reason for this is twofold: we don’t anticipate issues with capacity but we need to track it anyway, and this will enable us to generate an attendance check-off sheet so we won’t have to use the scanner. Please do not make a reservation unless you are reasonably sure you are coming. Frequent no-shows may be subject to membership suspension.
2. Guest passes will not be available for several weeks until we are sure we have all the kinks worked out for the new protocols.
3. Social distancing will have to be observed. We have plenty of space, and we will arrange the chairs at some distance from each other to take advantage of it, but not everyone will be able to sit close to the pool.
4. Masks will be recommended but NOT required. Foot coverings WILL be required within restrooms and shower areas.
5. It is very important that all pool rules be observed. Please be aware that you may be subject to possible suspension and/ or revocation without reimbursement of membership fees if you do not follow the directives of pool staff when asked.