We can confirm #COVID19 mass vaccine distribution continues this week. Multiple providers are providing first and second doses. Please watch your email closely if you are eligible for your first or second dose.
You can join the Montgomery County COVID-19 waitlist by clicking here: https://coronavirus-response-moco.hub.arcgis.com/pages/vaccinations. If you are 65+ years of age and do not have internet access, you can join by calling 936-523-3916, Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm or Friday 8:00am-4:00pm. After signing up, please check your email daily.
Individual hospitals, physicians’ offices and pharmacies may also have vaccines available to eligible populations. Please check their websites for additional information. You can find a list of providers and additional information on the Department of State Health Services (DSHS) website here: https://www.dshs.state.tx.us/coronavirus/immunize/vaccine-hubs.aspx.
Today, we can confirm two additional deaths related to COVID-19.
· A man in his 70s, from Willis, died in the hospital. He had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19.
· A woman in her 80s, from Splendora, died in the hospital. She had co-morbidities in addition to testing positive for COVID-19.
We can also confirm:
· TOTAL cases of COVID-19 increased by 107 to 45,635 since yesterday’s (3/1) report. Of the 107 new cases, 89 were tested since 2/18/2021.
· ACTIVE cases of COVID-19 decreased by 416 to 2,706 since yesterday’s (3/1) report. On Tuesdays and Fridays, we account for additional inactive cases we have been unable to contact for 30 days or more. Today, we added 380 inactive cases.
· 69 county residents are known, as a result of contact investigations, to be in the hospital. Contact investigations have not been initiated on all reported cases.
· 22,520 people have clinically recovered.
The Testing Positivity Rate for Montgomery County is 13%, down from 15%. This number is updated weekly on Wednesdays.
Source: UT Health, School of Public Health
*These numbers include PCR and rapid antigen testing. We do not include antibody testing.
SETRAC data for regional hospitalizations was last updated 3/2/2021. Updates can be found here: https://bit.ly/3jwhdiV.
You can view the case-by-case updates on the MCPHD website here: https://mcphd-tx.org/coronavirus-covid-19/confirmed-cases/. You can refer to the dashboard here: https://coronavirus-response-moco.hub.arcgis.com/.
Do your part to slow the spread of COVID-19.
· Avoid groups of people.
· Practice social distancing.
· Wear a mask in public (over your nose and mouth) or with others who live outside your household. Never share a mask with others.
· Teach children proper hygiene and the correct way to wear a mask.
· Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
· Disinfect surfaces in your car and around your home.
· As supply and eligibility increases, get vaccinated.