Benton County Social Media Commenting and Posting policy
Thank you for communicating with Benton County, Oregon on our social media channels. The county participates on social media to communicate news and engage with the Benton County community and visitors in our region. If you have any questions, contact the county Public Information Officer at 541-766-6082 or [email protected]
Posted comments and images do not represent the views of Benton County. External, non-county links on this site will be reviewed and may be deleted. If external, non-county links on this site are reviewed and are not deleted, they do not constitute official endorsement on behalf of Benton County.
We encourage the public to share thoughts as they relate to the topic being discussed. To protect your privacy, please do not include information that identifies you (an email address or phone number) in the text of your comment.
While we encourage the public to share thoughts and opinions on the county page, we expect that this will be done in a respectful manner.
Once posted, Benton County reserves the right to delete comments or content that contain:
1. Vulgar or abusive language.
2. Defamation, threats, name calling and/or personal attacks of any kind.
3. Comments or content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, genetics, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or intellectual disability or sexual orientation.
4. Spam or links to other sites.
6. Clearly off topic.
7. Advocate illegal activity.
8. Promote particular ballot measures, candidates, services, products, and/or political organizations.
9. Unsolicited proposals or other business ideas or inquiries.
10. Infringe on copyrights or trademarks.
11. Personally identifiable medical information.
12. Information that may compromise the safety, security or proceedings of public systems or any criminal or civil investigations.
13. Other comments or content that the Public Information Officer and County Counsel deem inappropriate.
The county may not see every inappropriate comment right away. Users are encouraged to contact the contact the county Public Information Officer at 541-766-6082 or [email protected] if they see comments or content that violate this policy.
If there are repeated violations, then Benton County reserves the right to ban users from the county page.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Benton County Natural Areas & Parks posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.