Feed a Million Veterans

Feed a Million Veterans We strive to address Veteran's needs at FEED A MILLION VETERANS, a service under 411MAG Ministries. It is apparent that this country is divided in many ways.

Someone came up with the idea to start a Go
Fund Me campaign in my honor post Veterans Day 2016
to feed myself, Ernest Walker, a dinner. I was overwhelmed with the response that I received from all around the world. People from all walks of life offering
to buy me lunch and dinner. My wife and I decided that we can use this opportunity to heal our great nation by reaching out to those that served.

There is hatred, racism, bigotry and fear. But, one common thread in our society is the need for good food, and conversation. So we intend to "Make America The Best Patriotic Country Again" by sitting down with and feeding our Veterans that fought and/or stood ready to give their life for
America until we reach a million. It is with great honor that any funds received will go to feed soldiers of all ages with a respectful meal, and great conversation. It is no secret that many of our veterans are forgotten. We aim to go to the streets as well to find these wonderful men and women. There are many others that deserve more than a one day a year recognition. Our goal is to honor them by feeding their spirit, their souls, and last, but not least, their body with a warm meal and a human connection, and to let them tell their stories...Not just a simple Thank You for Your Service!

Veterans get in for Free!

Veterans get in for Free!

VeteransWeek!!!  We appreciate all of your service stories!

Week!!! We appreciate all of your service stories!

Scoot it forward!

Scoot it forward!

A Navy veteran is using money from a fundraiser to provide mobility scooters to dozens of other veterans in need. Steve Harman shares more in "On the Road."


Jimi Hendrix with his guitar in the U.S. Army.


West Point, the United States Military Academy, has a plaque with the name Ku Klux Klan written out and a hooded figure displayed at the entrance to Bartlett Hall, the science center on the military academy's campus, according to a new report from the Congressional Naming Commission.


Cathay was born and enslaved in 1850 in Jackson County, Missouri. In September 1861 Union troops impressed Cathay and she joined the Army to work as a cook and washerwoman for Union Army officers.
On November 15th, 1866 Williams disguised herself as a man and enlisted as William Cathey, serving in Company A of the 38th Infantry, a newly-formed all-black U.S. Army Regiment, one of its earliest recruits.

Cathay initially served at Jefferson Barracks outside St. Louis and was later posted at Fort Cummings and Fort Bayard in New Mexico Territory. Like other black soldiers stationed, she endured inadequate supplies and inferior weapons.
Cathay concealed her femininity for two years despite numerous Army hospital visits before her true gender was discovered by the Fort Bayard post surgeon. She was discharged at Fort Bayard on October 14, 1868 on a surgeon’s certificate of disability.

Cathay was hospitalized circa 1890 for over a year in Trinidad. In June 1891 she filed an invalid pension application based on medical disability incurred during military service as William Cathey.
The Army rejected her pension claim on February 8, 1892, citing no grounds for a pensionable disability, but did not question her gender identity as William Cathay. The date of Cathay Williams’ d.eath is unknown.

Guy's let's get our YouTube channel (YT: Historical Africa) to 30k subscribers. Kindly click on the link to subscribe 🙏 https://youtube.com/c/HistoricalAfrica


Remembering American athlete, actor and WWII United States Army Air Corps veteran Woody Strode on his birthday (July 25, 1914 – December 31, 1994). He was a decathlete and football star, one of the first Black American players in the National Football League in the post-war era. Strode's film credits include Pork Chop Hill (1959), Spartacus (1960), The Last Voyage (1960), Sergeant Rutledge (1960), The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance (1962), and The Professionals (1966).


Christian Abraham Fleetwood
July 21, 1840 – September 28, 1914
non-commissioned officer in the United States Army, a commissioned officer in the D.C. National Guard, an editor, a musician, and a government official. He received the Medal of Honor for his actions during the American Civil War.



Sherman Alexander Hemsley (February 1, 1938 – July 24, 2012) was an American actor and musician. Hemsley was known for his roles as George Jefferson on the CBS-television-series All in the Family (1973–1975; 1978) and The Jeffersons (1975–1985), Deacon Ernest Frye on the NBC-series Amen (1986–1991), and B. P. Richfield on the ABC-series Dinosaurs. Hemsley also played Judge Carl Robertson on the NBC series The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. For his work on The Jeffersons, Hemsley was nominated for a Golden Globe Award and an Emmy Award. Helmsley also won an NAACP Image Award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Comedy Series or Special ("The Jeffersons") in 1982.

Hemsley was born and raised in South Philadelphia. Hemsley attended Central High School for ninth grade and Bok Technical High School for tenth. Hemsley dropped out of school after the tenth grade and joined the United States Air Force, where he served for four years.

On leaving the Air Force, Hemsley returned to Philadelphia, where he worked for the United States Postal Service during the day while attending the Academy of Dramatic Arts at night. He then moved to New York, continuing to work for the post office during the day while working as an actor at night.

Hemsley performed with local groups in Philadelphia before moving to New York to study with Lloyd Richards at the Negro Ensemble Company. Shortly after, he joined Vinnette Carroll's Urban Arts Company appearing in these productions: But Never Jam Today, The Lottery, Old Judge Mose is Dead, Moon on a Rainbow Shawl, Step Lively Boys, Croesus, and The Witch. Hemsley made his Broadway debut in Purlie and toured with the show for a year. In the summer of 1972, Hemsley joined the Vinnette Carroll musical Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope ensemble in Toronto, followed a month later in the American Conservatory Theater production at the Geary Theater. In this production, Hemsley performed the solos "Lookin' Over From Your Side" in Act I and "Sermon" in Act II.

While Hemsley was on Broadway with Purlie, Norman Lear called him in 1971 to play the recurring role of George Jefferson in his new sitcom, All in the Family. Hemsley was reluctant to leave his theatre role, at which Lear told him he would hold the role open for him. Mel Stewart played the role Henry Jefferson (George Jefferson's brother) for several episodes. Hemsley joined the cast two years later. The characters of Hemsley and co-star Isabel Sanford were occasional supporting roles in All in the Family, then were given their own spin-off, The Jeffersons, in 1975. The Jeffersons proved to be one of Lear's most successful series, enjoying a run of eleven seasons through 1985.

In 1989, Hemsley, who had been a jazz keyboardist, released a single, "Ain't That a Kick in the Head." This was followed in 1992 by Dance, an album of rhythm and blues music. He appeared on Soul Train around the time of the record's release and also performed the song "Eyes in the Dark.”

On July 24, 2012, Hemsley died at his home in El Paso, Texas, at age 74. The cause of death was given as superior vena cava syndrome, a complication associated with lung and bronchial carcinomas. He was intered at Fort Bliss National Cemetery in El Paso.


🇺🇲 WWII uncovered: Olympic Legends of World War II: Harrison Dillard of the 92nd Infantry Division

Harrison Dillard, of Cleveland Ohio, was a student-athlete at Baldwin-Wallace College when he left his studies in 1943 at the age of 21 to serve with the 92nd Infantry Division of the US Fifth Army. As a sharpshooter with the Buffalo Soldiers, Dillard fought in many of the major battles and liberations of the Italian Campaign. It is reported that General George Patton named Harrison Dillard as "the greatest athlete he has ever seen."

"After the war, Harrison returned to college to resume his studies and his athletic career. Dillard won the NCAA and AAU 120-yard and 220-yard hurdles in both 1946 and 1947 and he tied world records in both events with a 22.3 in the 220 in 1946 and a 13.6 in the 120. Between June 1947 and June 1948 he remained unbeaten in 82 consecutive finals."
(Source: Baldwin Wallace University)

"In the 1948 Olympics, Harrison won the gold medal for the 100 meter dash beating the world record holder at that time. He won a second gold medal as a member of the 400-meter relay team. Dillard was among the honored guests to attend a reception at Buckingham Palace. Back home, the Cleveland Indians in a game against the Detroit Tigers, Dillard was honored and surprised to see his old track coach, Finnigan, emerge from the Indians dugout. Later, Indians owner Bill Veeck hired him as a publicist, a job he held for nine years. He said, noting his weekly salary of $125, that he was making as much as some of the players."
(Source: The Cleveland Plain Dealer)

In the 1952 Helsinki Games Dillard struck Gold again with winning performances in the 100 meter hurdles and the 4x100 meter relay. (Pictured)

Harrison Dillard remained a lifelong resident of Cleveland. He passed away on November 15, 2019 at the age of 96. At that time he was the oldest living Gold Medalist in the United States. Please join us in remembering the Olympic Legend Harrison "Bones" Dillard. Lest We Forget.

©️WWII uncovered original description and photo sourced by: The Cleveland Plain Dealer, Baldwin Wallace University and United Press Association


🇺🇲WWII uncovered:Sergeant Ben Kuroki Hero of the Skies

"Ben Kuroki finished the war as one of most highly decorated Sergeants in WW II. Believed to be only enlisted man to fight in three theaters (Western Europe, Mediterranean, Pacific). He flew 30 missions with the 8th AAF, 58 total with USAAF. Sergeant Kuroki flew on the August 1943 Ploesti raid, returning safely to Libya."

Kuroki became a gunner in a B-24 squadron based in Europe. He served with distinction and after completing 30 combat missions, more than the standard full tour of 25, Kuroki returned to the fight by serving another full tour of duty as a B-29 gunner in the Pacific. He was the only Japanese American to serve in air combat in the Pacific, and one of very few soldiers at all to have fought in both the European and Pacific theaters. He completed a total of 58 combat missions and was awarded three Distinguished Flying Crosses and the Air Medal with five oak leaf clusters.

Ben returned to Nebraska after the war and earned a degree in journalism from The University of Nebraska. Subsequently, he worked for several newspapers and advocated for equal rights against prejudice. He was awarded an Honorary Doctorate from the University in 2005. Sergeant Ben Kuroki was also honored in 2005 with the Distinguished Service Medal for his impressive combat service record during the war.

Sergeant Kuroko passed away on September 1, 2015 at the age of 98. He lies in rest at Conejo Mountain Memorial Park in Camarillo California. Lest We Forget.

©️WWII uncovered original description and photos sourced by the following: Nebraska Public Media, National Air and space Museum and US Air Force (Fair Use Photos)


Ernest Walker isn't just any patient, he's an Army veteran, volunteer, and advocate for the homeless and other vets. He added transplant recipient on July 4,...

My Sons H.S.Friend 😪

My Sons H.S.Friend 😪

A man involved in what may have been a road rage crash on the Southside Connector Monday night has died, according to his family.

Part 1 - Interment Service   Mission Date:  Thursday, June 9, 2022  Staging Time:  0930  Briefing Time:  0945 In Positio...

Part 1 - Interment Service

Mission Date:
Thursday, June 9, 2022

Staging Time:

Briefing Time:

In Position/KSU Time:

Starting Time:

Staging Point:
Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery

Staging Address:

2000 Mountain Creek Parkway
Dallas, TX 75211

Staging Area Map:
Link to Map


We have been invited by the family of SFC Kenneth Roy Hampton to join them in honoring the life and military service of their loved one. We will do this by standing the flag line at his interment service.

We will stage at the Visitor’s Center where the mission brief will be given. The flag bikes will be selected and relocated to the designated staging lane. The remaining riders will then proceed on to the assigned shelter to set the flags and prepare for the arrival of SFC Hampton, his family and friends.

At the conclusion of the committal service, and at the direction of the ride captain, the flags will be retrieved and returned to the shelter storage where they will be furled and stowed. After the post mission brief, all riders will be dismissed.



May 26, 2022
| By Teresa Verity
Categories: Blog, Home, Uncategorized

Memorial Day and Veterans Day are both patriotic holidays honoring the military, but there is a significant difference between the two aside from when they land on the calendar.

Memorial Day, which falls on the last Monday in May, honors the men and women who died while serving in the military. This solemn occasion is a time to reflect on these American patriots who made the ultimate sacrifice while protecting and defending the country they deeply loved. Veterans Day, observed every November 11, recognizes all who have served in the Armed Forces.

You may wonder: What is the proper way to acknowledge each holiday? On Memorial Day you can honor the fallen by attending memorial services within your community or laying flowers and planting flags on graves at your local Veterans cemetery. Veterans Day is an opportunity to do the same, but it is also an appropriate time to show your appreciation to Veteran friends and family. You can also recognize Veterans Day by flying the American flag outside your home, visiting or volunteering at a Veteran facility, attending a local event, and, of course, thanking Veterans and their families for their service.

You do not have to wait for a national holiday to show your gratitude to Service members. Any day is a good day to support Veterans either through a charity or giving a heartfelt “thank you” to those who served.


On this day in 1900: Army Sgt. William H. Carney was the first black recipient of the Medal of Honor. When the color guard was shot during the battle at Fort Wagner in 1863, Carney rushed to catch the falling flag. Barely grasping on to his own life, Carney protected the symbol of America, holding it tightly to ensure it did not touch the ground. Carney's patriotism will forever be honored and remembered in American history.

Read more about this American hero at https://www.army.mil/article/181896/meet_sgt_william_carney_the_first_african_american_medal_of_honor_recipient.


Lt. Col. Harry Stewart Jr. is one of the last surviving Tuskegee Airmen of World War II.
He survived 43 combat missions during World War II and is one of only a dozen remaining Tuskegee Airmen from the famed “Red Tails” fighter group still alive.
He turns 95 on July 4 and said he’ll never forget his days escorting B-17 and B-24 bombers over Italy, Germany and Austria, taking on enemy fighters in his P-51 Mustang.


in the year 1900, Sgt. William H. Carney became the first African American awarded the Medal of Honor for valor at Fort Wagner, S.C., 1863.

Carney served during the Civil War and earned the honor for protecting the American flag.

"On July 18, 1863, the soldiers of Carney's regiment led the charge on Fort Wagner. During the battle, the unit's color guard was shot. Carney, who was just a few feet away, saw the dying man stumble, and he scrambled to catch the falling flag.

Despite suffering several serious gunshot wounds himself, Carney kept the symbol of the Union held high as he crawled up the hill to the walls of Fort Wagner, urging his fellow troops to follow him. He planted the flag in the sand at the base of the fort and held it upright until his near-lifeless body was rescued."

Keep our history alive. To donate, visit buffalosoldiermuseum.com/donations.


Photo credit: MilitaryTimes/U.S. Army


Crew of the Boeing EA-18G Growler.


Remembering Dieter Dengler, (May 22, 1938-February 7, 2001) was a German-born United States Navy aviator during the Vietnam War and, following six months of imprisonment and torture, became the first captured U.S. airman to escape enemy captivity during the war. Of seven prisoners of war who escaped together from a Pathet Lao prison camp in Laos, Dengler was one of two survivors (the other was Thailand citizen Phisit Intharathat). Dengler was rescued after 23 days on the run.
Dieter Dengler was born and raised in the small town of Wildberg, in the Black Forest region of the German state of Baden-Württemberg. He grew up not knowing his father, who had been drafted into the German army in 1939 and was killed during World War II on the Eastern Front during the winter of 1943/44. Dengler became very close to his mothers and brothers. Dieter grew up in extreme poverty but always found ways to help his family survive. He After seeing an advertisement in an American magazine, expressing a need for pilots, he decided to go to the United States. He started salvaging scrap metals to sell, and completing his apprenticeship at 18, hitchhiked to Hamburg to set sail for New York City. Dieter Dengler lived on the streets of Manhattan for over a week, and eventually contacted an Air Force recruiter who enlisted him at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, Texas in June 1957. Despite being promised a piloting job, he was assigned the duty of a motor pool mechanic after completing the basic training, and later got an assignment to work as a gunsmith.
During this time, he had passed the test for aviation cadets, but was not selected for pilot training as he was not a college graduate. He worked with his brother at a bakery shop near San Francisco for some time, and then enrolled into San Francisco City College, but later transferred to the College of San Mateo to study aeronautics.
Upon graduation, he successfully applied for the US Navy aviation cadet program, completed his flight training, and trained as an attack pilot in the Douglas AD Skyraider at the Naval Air Station Corpus Christi, Texas. He joined the VA-145 squadron while it was on shore duty at Naval Air Station Alameda, California, and in 1965, joined the carrier USS Ranger with his squadron to sail for the coast of Vietnam.
After spending some time at Dixie Station, off South Vietnam, Dieter Dengler moved to Yankee Station for operations against North Vietnam, and on February 1, 1966, flew on an interdiction mission with three other aircraft. They lost sight of one another as smoke rising from the burning fields blocked their visibility, following which Lieutenant, Junior Grade Dengler flew for two-and-a-half hours into enemy territory before being hit by anti-aircraft fire.
As soon as he gained consciousness following the 100ft jump, he ran into the jungle for cover and hid his survival equipments so that enemy troops cannot find those. Despite, he was apprehended the next day by Pathet Lao troops, who marched him through the jungle and tied him to four stakes spread-eagled.
Following a failed escape attempt, he was tortured by being hung upside down with a nest of biting ants over his face and was suspended in a freezing well at night. Once after he refused to sign a document condemning the United States, tiny wedges of bamboo were inserted under his fingernails and into incisions on his body which grew and festered.
"They were always thinking of something new to do to me." Dengler recalled. "One guy made a rope tourniquet around my upper arm. He inserted a piece of wood, and twisted and twisted until my nerves cut against the bone. The hand was completely unusable for six months."
After some weeks Dengler was handed over to the Vietnamese. As they marched him through a village, a man slipped Dengler's engagement ring from his finger. Dengler complained to his guards. They found the culprit, summarily chopped off his finger with a machete and handed the ring back to Dnegler. "I realized right there and then that you don't fool around with the Viet Cong", he said.
He was later brought to a prison camp near the village of Par Kung, where he planned to escape, but the other prisoners could not agree on a date. After being shifted to Hoi Het, the Thai prisoners overheard the guards talking about shooting them and making it look like an escape attempt, following which the prisoners fixed an escape date.
On June 29, 1966, the seven prisoners freed themselves while the guards were eating, and seizing their weapons, escaped from POW camp. The group split to avoid detection, with Dengler accompanying American Air Force helicopter pilot Duane W. Martin.
The two took refuge in an abandoned village, but had to venture into a nearby Akha village in search of food, during which Martin was killed by a villager. Dengler managed to escape into the jungle and was able to signal an Air Force pilot on July 20, 1966, following which he was rescued by a helicopter crew.
Dieter Dengler has received many awards and honors for his heroic escape from enemy captivity, including the 'Navy Cross', Distinguished Flying Cross, Bronze Star, Purple Heart and Air Medal.
After he physically recovered, Dieter Dengler rejoined the navy and was promoted to Lieutenant rank. He later resigned from the navy and joined Trans World Airlines as a pilot. He continued flying almost up until his death. In 2000, Dengler was inducted into the Gathering of Eagles program and told the story of his escape to groups of young military officers. Dengler was diagnosed with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, an incurable neurological disorder; on February 7, 2001, he rolled his wheelchair from his house down to the driveway of a fire station and shot himself. He was buried at Arlington National Cemetery. A Navy honor guard was present at the burial as well as a fly-over by Navy F-14 Tomcats. We honor and thank Lt. Dengler for his valiant service and sacrifices for his country. He will never be forgotten. https://fallenyetnotforgotten.com/

Source: wiki/thefamouspeople


The first but definitely not the last!

At the 'Accelerating the Legacy' event, honoring the Tuskegee Airmen, the 165th Airlift Wing flew the first but definitely not the last, all-black crew! The historic event honored our past and promoted the bright future ahead of us in the Air National Guard. Thank you to all Airmen who took part in the unifying affair.

BREAKING: Officials Identify missing Texas Guardsman who tried to save drowning migrants as Army National Guard Speciali...

Officials Identify missing Texas Guardsman who tried to save drowning migrants as Army National Guard Specialist Bishop E. Evans from Arlington, TX; Search Enters Day 3.


1670 N. Hampton Road Suite 106 Desoto, TX 75115
Dallas, TX


Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Feed a Million Veterans posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Contact The Business

Send a message to Feed a Million Veterans:



Nearby government services


We would like to invite you to a special movie premiere of VFW - a new major motion picture that will have its hometown premiere at the historic Texas Theatre on Saturday, February 15 at 7 PM.

The film is set in a VFW, was shot locally in Dallas at VFW Post #2494, and was made by veterans on the film crew in association with the Dallas Film Society’s Veterans Institute for Film & Media.


We would be honored to have as many active duty service members and veterans in attendance as possible to celebrate them!
Hi looking to join forces and contribute to our Veterans by providing groceries or feeding Veterans. pm