Village of Denmark - Snowmobile Ordinance(s)- Chapter 246.
Just a couple reminders now that the snow has fallen.
At this time, trail systems are CLOSED.
Per Denmark Ordinance 246-5(B):
(1) Snowmobiles shall be operated on the extreme right side of the roadway and travel with the flow of traffic.
(2) Snowmobiles are to be operated only in single file.
(3) Snowmobiles are to be operated with headlights on at all times.
(4) Snowmobile operators shall yield the right-of-way to other vehicular traffic and pedestrians.
(5) No person shall leave or allow a snowmobile to remain unattended on any public highway or public property while the motor is running or with the starting key in the ignition.
(6) No snowmobile shall be operated on any public roadway at speeds in excess of 10 miles per hour.
(7) No person shall operate a snowmobile on any sidewalk, pedestrian way or mall within the Village except as specifically authorized by § 246-4 of this chapter or for the purpose of crossing to obtain immediate access to an authorized area of operation.
( 8 ) Snowmobiles shall be run within the 10 feet from the plowed portion of the county road.
Reminder, this is only allowed when the trail system is OPEN.
For further information, the Village of Denmark snowmobile ordinance is available online via the Village of Denmark website.