The Hidalgo County District Clerk Office serves in the following capacity:
- serves as registrar, recorder and custodian of all documents that are part of criminal and civil actions
- works with judges to obtain timely disposition of all court cases
- is responsible for managing records so that they are easily retrieved for public information, preserved for permanent storage in archives, and disposed of according to the law
- is charged with the responsibility of collecting and disbursing court costs, fines and other fees that benefit twenty plus agencies at the state and local level, in addition to money placed in the court registry fund that is in dispute, money invested on behalf of minor children, and preparation of the operating budget for the office
- is responsible for gathering data and reporting to several state and local agencies such as the county auditor, county treasurer, voter registration, bureau of vital statistics, department of public safety, attorney general, Supreme Court of Texas and Office of Court Administration
- serves as a passport acceptance facility in the County of Hidalgo
The district clerk is elected by qualified voters of the county and holds office for four years.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Hidalgo County District Clerk Office posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.