New American Women as Essential Workers as per Center for American Progress:
• An estimated 2.7 million immigrant women work as health care providers or in health-related setting, including 740,000 health care practitioners and 277,000 health technologists and technicians.
• An estimated 451,000 immigrant women—including 195,000 undocumented women—are cooks and food preparation workers.
• An estimated 128,000 immigrant women are agricultural workers, many of whom have continued this work with minimal access [nam10.safelinks.protection.outlook.com] to workplace protections and personal protective equipment.
• More than 358,000 immigrant women are preschool through secondary school teachers and special education teachers.
• An estimated 1.9 million immigrant women, including 523,000 undocumented women, are part of the care workforce. This includes 504,000 immigrant women working as home health and personal care aides.
#NewAmericans #NewAmericanDream #Trabajadoras #WelcomeWithDignity #HereToStay #EssentialWorkers