Leading Contractor in Support of the Critical Missions of U.S. Government Clients is seeking a Military Veteran or Spouse to fill a Classification Specialist position. This is a Virtual-Work From Home opportunity. The company offers a great benefits package. This is another great opportunity for transitioning service members or those looking to establish new career with a leading company.
This position is open to Veterans, transitioning military, Wounded Warriors/Caregivers/MilSpouses and members of the National Guard.
To apply for this position, please log in to/register your VetJobs profile www.vetjobs.com, click on "Jobs" tab and "View RC Jobs" to search for:
Search for Req # 301765BR for Virtual-Work From Home
The Classification Specialist will provide full classification services to support the modernization initiative in accordance with federal, Department and Office of Personnel Management (OPM) classification standards, including all advisory and technical support. The Classification Specialist will provide classification services in support of individual public diplomacy sections and portfolios.
• Review, rewrite and classify position descriptions for assigned regional portfolio while accurately and consistently interpreting and applying OPM position classification standards
• Use OPM position classification standards to determine proper official position titles, occupational series, and grade levels
• Enforce position classification accuracy, standards and consistency in interpreting and applying position classification standards
• Consult with government subject matter expert and contractor implementation coaches on a variety of technical position description issues and resource needs required for the initiative
• Adhere to and achieve all deadlines and milestones instituted by the Project Manager and lead government representative
• Proactively track, report, and resolve issues, delay, or disputes regarding classification decisions; prepare accurate and clearly written classification summaries and statements; discuss and document findings with all stakeholders
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• High level of proficiency in written and oral communications
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• High level of attention to detail
• A minimum of two (2) years’ experience performing federal classification work
• A minimum of two(2) years’ experience advising federal hiring managers and stake holders on classification of federal position descriptions
• Ability to determine appropriate grade and series for position descriptions, adhering to all Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and Department requirements
• Ability to provide recommendations to resolve issues, delays, or disagreements on position classifications
• Ability to work independently, manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines
• Candidates must have a DoS MRPT (Public Trust) or DOD Secret or above
No cost employment assistance for military-affiliated job seekers and employers looking to hire from within the military and veteran communities. | The #1 employment support programs for military-affiliated job seekers and employers looking to hire from within the military and veteran communities.