The Total Solar Eclipse will be on August 21, 2017. For Eastern Idaho, the full Eclipse experience will begin around 10:15 a.m. MDT and end around 12:58 p.m. MDT.
The Eclipse will reach its totality around 11:33 a.m. MDT and will last approximately 2 minutes and 18 seconds.
The Department of Transportation and Idaho State Police anticipate a high number of travelers on the roads, please drive safe and stay alert.
Tribal Public Safety Departments will be out and about in full force in preparedness of any occurrence. Tribal EMS will be staging an ambulance in the area of Sage Hill for immediate access to Interstate 15 and Highway 91 and will still be able to support the community calls from the Fire Station.
Things to keep in mind for this event:
• Complete all necessary shopping in advance
• Have plenty of drinking water for your family
• Make sure your vehicles are full of fuel
• Pick up prescriptions and medications prior to the event
• Wear your eclipse glasses
• Make your travel plans ahead of time. Be prepared for traffic
• Know the signs and treatment of heat related illnesses
• Know the fire risks and restrictions for where you are going to be
• Take drinking water and a first aid kit if hiking into a viewing area