Thank you for your patience as we try and figure out how to navigate these uncertain times of COVID-19. In planning to open, it is not because we take the risks lightly. We recognize the need for stability and learning for young children and how it affects children and families when these programs are not available. We have developed (and will continue to adapt) new policies to mitigate the risks while allowing children to learn, feel loved and have meaningful experiences and relationships.
Being able to re-open DFGCA does depend on having the enrollment to make it financially feasible. We recognize that each family must make the decision for themselves of what risks they can, or are willing, to take. You are the only one who knows your situation. I can say that I would not open up if I did not feel we had the capacity and desire to be very purposeful in keeping our children, families and staff as safe as possible and feel strongly about the benefits of a positive early learning environment.
We acknowledge that COVID is an ever evolving situation and we will prioritize safety.We may or may not have spots in the future. If you want your child to have a spot but are not comfortable starting just yet, the best suggestion is to pay tuition to hold their place.
There are no easy answers right now. But we hope to continue to be a constant in your and your family’s life. I want to assure you that I am dedicated to the safety and development of your child, as well as the safety of my staff.
Please reference the below policies and contact me with any questions at [email protected] or 214-417-5376 (text or call).
Please know that I have prayed over you and your family during our extended time away from DFGCA- you guys have been in the forefront of my mind.
• Children will not be required to wear masks. If a parent requests their child to wear one, we will do our very best to support that, with the understanding that it cannot become a safety/sanitary issue (i.e. chewing on it, touching it often)
• We are following the COVID numbers, as well as the state level mandates, to assess our staff wearing masks. We are researching masks or mouth shields that allow teachers’
mouths to be seen because we believe that is so important to children’s social and emotional development. Staff that go between classes will also be wearing masks or mouth
shields when entering classrooms (director, floater).
• Children will not need to social distance within their class/age group, but will social distance from other age groups.
• For activities that would usually be the whole school (Chapel), they will be done with classes spaced out, possibly outdoors when that is a good option.
• All children will be temperature checked before entering the school building and throughout the day. Staff will also be temperature checked. At this time, parents will go no further than the entrance.
• As usual, our sickness policy will be strictly enforced (and expanded) to keep everyone as safe as possible.
• We will follow the guidance of the Health Department if there are potential or proven COVID cases or exposure within our school or families. If we shut down again for exposure, Tuition will still be due to hold your child’s space.
• Sanitation and hand washing will be vigilant. This is something we do well, and I anticipate being even more purposeful and ongoing with our sanitation. We generally use bleach water solutions for disinfecting and sanitation, as well as other approved products.
• These policies are subject to change as needed, and necessary, and not all inclusive.