City of Grapevine Texas crews continue to work hard for us all. See info:
Please Continue To Conserve Water -
With temperatures in the teens again overnight, we ask that everyone continue to drip interior faucets and bathtubs to protect your pipes. Our public works crews continue to work day and night as water leaks occur due to burst pipes. Please conserve water as much as possible. If you are able to wait to do laundry or run your dishwasher, please wait until temperatures are well above freezing.
The following tips are from our Utility Division:
- Grapevine is not under a boil water notice.
- Please continue to make every effort to conserve water.
- When temperatures rise above freezing, please turn off all plumbing fixtures that have been left dripping. This conserves precious water - and every drop counts!
- Try to identify the location of your water meter box now and expose it if you are able to do so. This will save valuable time if you develop a major leak in the future. There is no need to open the box unless you are turning your water off. Never leave open meter boxes unattended. Accidentally stepping into an open meter box can cause serious injury.
- If you attempt to shut off your own water (in the event of a leak in your home), please be sure you are turning the valve in a CLOCKWISE direction.
- If the valve is stuck, do not force it, wait for City staff to arrive. If the shut-off valve is broken when we arrive, it will take our staff much longer to get the water turned off.
- in the event of a water leak (burst pipe) in your home, please call 817.410.8127.