Welcome to the Ho`opono Services for the Blind Official page on Facebook! Ho`opono is a branch in the Department of Human Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation specializing in services for blind and visually impaired individuals.
Services provided: Vocational Rehabilitation Services, New Visions Program, Older Individuals Who Are Blind Program, Low Vision Clinic, Business Enterprise/Vending Program, Transition Program, Public Outreach/Presentations
This is a limited public forum that serves as the official page for Ho`opono Services for the Blind (Department of Human Services, Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, Services for the Blind Branch) with the people of Hawaii and our friends outside of Hawaii.
We welcome your comment on our topic or post, but please comment with “Aloha” since this page is family friendly. Please take personal responsibility for and be respectful in your comments.
If your comment is deleted per the provisions below, you have the option of sending your comment by accessing the “Message” feature at the top of the Facebook main page, by sending an email that does not violate any laws, or by sending a hardcopy version of your comment to the following address:
Ho`opono Services for the Blind
1901 Bachelot Street
Honolulu, HI 96817
RE: Deletion of Comments.
A comment that violates the Facebook‘s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities may be removed by Facebook.
For information on what Facebook allows and does not allow, read the Facebook Community Standards:
We have activated the Profanity Blocklist feature provided by Facebook. This feature will block the most commonly reported words and phrases marked as offensive by the broader community.
We will delete a comment, content, or expression (“comment”) that disrupts, disturbs, impedes, is contrary to, is inappropriate for, or interferes with function of and ability of this limited public forum to fulfill its purpose, such as a comment that is:
• Profane or sexually explicit;
• Using an offensive term that targets a specific individual(s) or groups, including a term based on race, religion, gender, or sexual orientation;
• Invasive of a person's privacy;
• A commercial solicitation or advertisement, a chain letter, or a pyramid scheme;
• Containing personal information such as a driver license number, a social security number, and other information protected by law;
• Disclosing any detail about an ongoing investigation or court or administrative proceeding that could prejudice the process or interfere with the rights or claims of a person or entity;
• Part of or is a repetitive post copied and pasted by multiple users;
• Spam or could constitute spam; and
• Speech for which content-based restrictions are permitted, including incitement, obscenity, defamation, speech integral to criminal conduct, so-called “fighting words,” child pornography, fraud, true threats, and speech presenting some grave and imminent threat the Government has the power to prevent.
Ho`opono Services for the Blind monitors this Facebook site actively during normal business hours from 7:45 a.m - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, Hawaii Standard Time (Hawaii State and Federal Holidays are observed).
This page is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
Thank you for taking the time to read this page.