We had blast today with Harris County Precinct 3 Constable Sherman Eagleton office for the Uniting PCT3 Community Awareness event in Crosby!
We passed along important escape planning information and our hazmat team showcased the equipment on board HM-3.
#firesafeharriscounty #fpw2022 #communityawareness
On this day 21 years ago, life as we knew it changed.
HCFMO vows to NEVER FORGET the lives lost on September 11, 2001.
Comprehensive emergency planning is critical to the safety of our students.
It takes us all as a community coming together to ensure the safety of our students.
HCFMO encourages all parents and guardians to talk to their schools to ensure they have taken the proper preventive measures in emergency planning and current fire and life safety inspections.
As you get your students ready for another week of school tomorrow, take some time to watch Part 2 of HCFMO's Responder 360 School Safety episode as Inspector Charanza discusses what a school inspection consists of and how to verify if your school has passed their inspection.
#SchoolSafety #SchoolInspection #HarrisCounty
August's episode of HCFMO's Responder 360 is now live!
Check out this school safety episode as Inspector Kristen Indiero discusses what a school inspection consists of and what HCFMO inspectors look for to ensure the safety of our children in Harris County.
The burn ban is still in effect in #HarrisCounty.
Though outdoor burning is NOT allowed, backyard cook-outs and barbeques are permitted with equipment designed for that purpose.
Violation of the burn ban is a Class "C" misdemeanor and punishable for up to a $500 fine.
This week, HCFMO partipcated at the HCSO Community Engagement Division's Youth Academy.
Students learned how HCFMO serves the community through out different divisions and were able to tour and learn about some of the tools we carry on the hazmat truck.
Check out all the fun they had!
The burn ban is still in effect in #HarrisCounty.
Though outdoor burning is NOT allowed, welding and other "hot work" performed in accordance with county fire code requirements are permitted.
Although parts of unincorporated #HarrisCounty experienced a downpour of rain last night, the burn ban remains in effect until further notice.
The rain was simply not enough to provide real relief
from the effects of the heat and dry weather.
Harris County Fire Marshal Laurie L. Christensen and Harris County Precinct 3 Commissioner's Office Tom S. Ramsey speak on the actions Harris County is taking as students return to school safe.
Today, HCFMO participated in @westlake_fd Junior Fire Academy! K9 Handler Tessier explained how K9 Delta assists in investigations and the hazmat team allowed the cadets tour a couple of our trucks.
The Harris County Fire Marshal’s Office and Crime Stoppers of Houston need the public’s assistance in providing any information identifying the three men in the video and images below. The incident happened on July 4, 2022 at approximately 10:30 p.m. at Top Dog Fireworks Warehouse located at 14424 East Freeway, Houston, Texas 77015. One of the suspects was seen igniting a firework inside of the store. They stole approximately $200 worth of fireworks during the evacuation.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for information leading to felony charges or an arrest of the suspect(s) in this case. Information may be reported by calling (713) 222-TIPS (8477) or submitting tips online at www.crime-stoppers.org. All tipsters remain anonymous.
Many students away at college are learning how to do laundry on their own for the first time! Regardless if this is your first time or you're a seasoned veteran, check out this week's episode of 60 Sec. #FireSafety all about DRYERS! #FirePrevention #CampusSafety
HCFMO HC Response 360: 9/11
HCFMO's second HC Response 360 video highlights two incredible men who served as part of Texas Task Force 1 and responded to New York after the planes flew into the Twin Towers on 9.11.01. We will never forget those who lost their lives that day or the incredible men and women who responded to the call to help. Thank you, Michael McClendon and former Harris County Fire Marshal Mike Montgomery for your service. #HCResponse360
20 Years After 9/11 -- HCFMO Remembers
Today, on the 20th Anniversary of Sept. 11, HCFMO honors all those who lost their lives and all first responders who answered the call to help that fateful day. We will never forget.
Where were you on Sept. 11, 2001?
Many college students live in older off-campus housing with electrical wiring that can’t safely handle the modern power demands used by the multiple residents living there. Check out this week's episode of 60 Sec. Safety to learn more about electrical fire safety on & off campus.
September is Campus #FireSafety Month! Fires caused by careless smoking resulted in more collegiate fatalities than any other ignition source. Watch this week's 60 Second Safety episode to learn more about the fire dangers associated with smoking. #CampusSafety #FirePrevention
Jillian Coffee Sitting Volleyball -- Tokyo Paralympics
We are so excited to cheer on Jillian Williams Coffee and the USA Sitting Volleyball Team at the Tokyo Paralympics. Jillian is the wife of HCFMO HazMat Tech Kyle Coffee. Jillian is a true inspiration and we are so excited for her and her team to be competing on the world's stage! Please share this video and help us cheer on Jillian and her team! Bring home the GOLD! #jilliansleap #sittingvolleyball #paralympics #teamusa
Electricity makes our lives easier with a simple flip of the switch, but PLEASE be safe while using it! Check out this week's episode of HCFMO's 60 Second Safety to learn more about electricity #FireSafety.
It's #TriviaTuesday! The HCFMO Prevention Team has been working around the clock to make sure schools are properly inspected and fire-safe for your kiddos. True or False? School classroom doors can have decorations added to the door.
Every year, home clothes dryers cause thousands of fires, resulting in hundreds of injuries, and $30 million in property damage. Check out this week's episode of 60 Sec. Fire Safety to learn more about #FireSafety while using your dryer. #FirePrevention.
It's #TriviaTuesday! Approximately how many fires in the U.S. are started by grills each year?
#FirePrevention #FireSafety #GrillSafety
Five out of six fire deaths happen in the home, which is why it is so IMPORTANT to plan and practice your home fire escape plan! Check out this week's episode of 60 Second Fire Safety to learn more about practicing fire exit drills in your home. #FirePrevention #FireSafety
It's #NationalPetSafetyDay! Remember, pets should ALWAYS be included in your fire evacuation plan. Watch this week's 60 Second Safety episode for more tips to keep your fur-baby safe. #FirePrevention #FireSafety #PetSafety